Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Product Color/Odor Changes?? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I think I posted this in the wrong spot above so I am reposting. About 16 months ago, purchased Super Cop (Lot 410); CP Serum (Lot 406) and Exfol Serum (Lot 381. I did not store them in the refrigerator and it's been rather hot here in NYC these past 2 summers. I notice that the Super Cop has darkened and there is a change of smell- sttronger odor. The Exfol appears a tad browner and the CP Serum appears darker and has a change of smell --stronger odor. Have these products broken down or can I still use them? I've lost weight and want to start in earnest to firm up saggy arm, neck, body skin and do not want to inadvertantly damage my skin further. There are rumors on the Internet that CPs break down and can damage skin and may also damage skin in general. I'm hoping that these are just lies spread by competitors, but I'm concerned.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
quote:
Originally posted by Annie:
I think I posted this in the wrong spot above so I am reposting. About 16 months ago, purchased Super Cop (Lot 410); CP Serum (Lot 406) and Exfol Serum (Lot 381. I did not store them in the refrigerator and it's been rather hot here in NYC these past 2 summers. I notice that the Super Cop has darkened and there is a change of smell- sttronger odor. The Exfol appears a tad browner and the CP Serum appears darker and has a change of smell --stronger odor. Have these products broken down or can I still use them? I've lost weight and want to start in earnest to firm up saggy arm, neck, body skin and do not want to inadvertantly damage my skin further. There are rumors on the Internet that CPs break down and can damage skin and may also damage skin in general. I'm hoping that these are just lies spread by competitors, but I'm concerned.

The products are still good but they develop a sulfur smell from peptide breakdown with time. We could stabilize the products but this would mean adding ingredients that are not good for skin.

We have tested products up to 5 years old and they still were active. I know of no evidence that CPs breakdown and harm skin.