New
Find
Notify
Tools
Skin Biology Emu Oil Questions Login/Join

Picture of Model_Dr
posted   Report This Post  
Hi Skin Biology,

I have posted this thread a while ago on the Emu oil tread but never got a response, so I am trying here again Smiler

I have three questions about your Emu oils S, for hair and skin:

1. Can you tell me if the smell comes from the Emu oil or the added supplements? (Emu oil for hair doesn't smell as strong)

2. Also, can you tell me if it's the double or triple refined kind? I can't tell by the color or texture since it has added supplements.
I read somewhere that double retains more of it's proprieties.

3. Is your Emu oil for hair with saw palmetto mostly effective for men because of the added saw palmetto? But for women using the regular SB Emu oil wouldn't make any difference?

Thanks in advance!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
1. The oil itself has very little smell. The supplements do add some smell.

2. It is the American Emu Oil Association Certified grade. I don't know how many times they distill it but is the standard high quality grade. Distlling it more than once would probably cause damage to the fats.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Model_Dr
Thank you Dr. Pickart for the clarification. I think that if more people knew that the added supplement is the cause of the odor, more would use it. I suspected that triple refined Emu oil, which texture is more watery, would be less effective. I read somewhere that the good stuff reside in the yellow fat of the oil.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
i have a weird question concerning the emu oil. Is it toxic if ingested? My cat found an open bottle of it and ate some, (it probably smells like chicken to her)
Picture of Suboo
Model_Dr wrote: [/Quote]1. Can you tell me if the smell comes from the Emu oil or the added supplements? (Emu oil for hair doesn't smell as strong)[/QUOTE]

Model_Dr,

I add a few drops of Skin Bio's perfumed oil, that they were sampling about a year ago, to my emu oil for skin. It covers any smell nicely and the lavender fragrance helps me sleep.

Smiler
Susan
Picture of Bagheera
Kiwi - I certainly hope your kitty is OK! My own cat licks off emu oil and also the copper peptide products - usually from my hands while we're watching TV. She has not suffered any ill effects, though I don't let her clean off my hands by any means, but she does do it a few times a week.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Emu Oil is about like chicken fat or turkey fat.
Well, I know ants must love it because the first time I used it I must have not closed the box tight enough and the next morning they were all over the thing!!!
BTW, do you think it's still usable..?
serena
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by serena:
Well, I know ants must love it because the first time I used it I must have not closed the box tight enough and the next morning they were all over the thing!!!
BTW, do you think it's still usable..?
serena

Emun Oil is a food but yours is probably stll usable.