Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
sensitive skin in heat Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Dear Skin Biology,
I have been using srcps for a year and a half now. Last summer I tried using Retin A also. I used it on my whole face. When ever I would get into a hot car my cheeks would hurt like crazy. I noticed this especially when I would get out of the car. I thought all along it was from the Retin A, but now I don't know. It's happening again this summer and I haven't used Retin A on my cheeks at all for over a year. I have only used it 2 times on my forehead. So I don't think that would cause a problem for my cheeks. I was wondering if the Copper Peptides are making me real sensitive to the heat in my car.
Could it be from using exfol cream for the past year and a half? Would that cause it or is it the CPs.
Sorry this is so long but it really bothers me. I have to have my air conditioner running full blast in my car to keep my face cool. Isn't that weird? Thanks for the help I hope you can answer my question. I don't know if it's the cps or exfol. I haven't used anything with the 2% salicylic acid it it for about 3 weeks because of it. I'm 51 with normal to dry skin.
Do you have any sugestions?
Thank you very much Confused
Diane
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I have the same problem. Last year I used Renova, and for the last half year I've used TriReduction with retinol. My face hurts in the heat either way. I've put my face in my freezer at times Eeker
Picture of Kathryn06
I think Retin-A or Renova are bad news. They just made my face red without any visible benefits. I stopped using them when I discovered SB.
I thought I was the only one with the problem. I wonder if my skin is still sensitive from the Retin A then, even after a year.

Antonina, I love the freezer idea. I put a bag of frozen peas on my face when I got out of the car. It takes about 6 hours to stop hurting.

Thank you both
Diane
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Diane:

We believe that the SRCPs would not be a cause of this "heat sensitivity". (When this happens to you, is it like a burning, itching feeling? Or a painful throb?)

What you can do to test whether the CP Serum could be causing this, is drop the SRCPs for two weeks and see if this calms it down...(preferably during one of the hotter weeks).

If you like using the CP Serum consistently and don't really want to even temporarily drop it from your regimen, try diluting the product (1-2 drops to 5-8 drops water). See if this helps.

Or you could drop the exfoliator and test out whether this is causing your skin to react like this. Also, you may want to use a little Emu Oil-S Lipid Replenisher, you may find that this helps.

SRCPs (Skin Remodeling Copper-Peptides) helps to naturally rebuild healthy skin cells, and so we really don't think that this could be the cause of any heat sensitivity.

Let us know how this goes for you please,
-Skin Biology
Dear Skin Biology,
Thank you for your reply. The pain I get when I get in a hot car is kind of a burning throb, I guess you would say, not itching at all. It must be from all of the exfol cream I have used in the past year and a half, because I have never had this problem before using it. Maybe my skin is thin now and making it sensitive.
I really hate not to use my cps. I have been using the protect and restore for the last couple of months, I don't have any cp serum left I only have the super cp serum but haven't used that in a few weeks either because of the salicylic acid in it. I don't think the protect and restore has anything to do with it, do you? Last year I blamed it on the Retin A because I did use it on my cheeks.

I haven't used any exfol cream for about 3 weeks now.

Thank you, I will let you know how it goes

Diane