Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Redness from microdermbrasion Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
More questions...

I just noticed looking in the mirror that my skin color around the eyes were more pale then the rest of the face, which were a bit red, like I got a tan but protecting the eyes with sunglasses. First I didn't understand why this was, because I've hardly ever outside ans when so, mostly when it is dark or shady (I'm in Sweden sadly) but then I realized it must be because of using microdermbrasion cloth. I've used it once a week for three weeks now, rather thoroughly, but not the eye area, obviously.

The strange thing was I didn't notice anything earlier, even though the first time I overdid it so I kind of bruised my face at one spot. No redness then. The difference might be that I have taken one weeks break from the SB products to let my face rest. Is this the reason for the redness now? Does the copper peptides protect the face in this way, so before I didn't get red from the microdermbrasion?

Also I got a little worried that I had caused this being outside whithout a sunscreen. Should I use a sun screen, when I'm outside, even though the sun don't shine and I'm outside maybe just an hour per day. Mostly it is even dark when I'm out. I've never understood quite regarding sun screens. First copper peptide cream, then upon this cream a your sun proection cream. Feels a bit strange...
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear kristos282:

Good to hear from you!

It's difficult to say if it is sun damage. Much may depend on where you live, your activity, and the sensitivity of your skin.

But here's an important tip on microdermabrasion cloths: It is VERY easy to over-exfoliate with these cloths; so please be sure to go slow. For the next week or two, rest your skin using only a light biological moisturizer in the area.

When you return to use of the cloth, use it only once a week for a maximum of 20 seconds. Do not use around the eye area. Gently buff. Do not rub.

Try to make sure you are consistently using a mild copper peptide eye product such as CP Ultimate Eyes or Super GHK Copper Cream (1%) very lightly.

This should help slowly dissipate and soothe any redness you are seeing, while evening out the pigment in this area.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Thanks, but might it not be a good idea to use copper peptides to deal over exfoliation sinse it is good for skin rejuvenation? I mean, I have read elsewhere in your site that SB recommends copper peptides after chemical peels. Isn't exessive microdermbration similar to chemical peel?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear kristos282:

You may be referring to our pages on Enhancing Skin Post Procedure and Help for Skin Post-Peel.

Use of a mild copper peptide such as Super GHK-Copper and Regular CP Serum have been very helpful in calming and soothing irritation after a procedure, peel, etc.

But we just emphasize that the copper peptide should be a mild copper peptide (especially when used after more intensive exfoliation).

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology