New
Find
Notify
Tools
I messed up and I need Skin Bio's help, please Login/Join

Picture of John
posted   Report This Post  
Dear Skin Bio Team,
I'm afraid I overdid it last night with a 55% Lactic Acid Peel and today my face is extremely red and blotchy (and ALREADY starting to scab, in places)! I have been layering on Emu Oil and regular CP Serum all day but the redness and irritation will not subside. I plan to go to the health food store tomorrow to buy some oral supplements to hasten my skin's rejuvenation and I was wondering if you could please ask Dr. Pickart what supplements he suggests I should get.

Also...can you please find out from him what the highest doses are of the supplements he suggests, that will encourage OPTIMUM skin benefits?

Thanks very much and I would appreciate it very much if you could get back to me on this ASAP.

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
John,
Do not use cp serum or any other copper peptide until you get better. Emu oil or if you have any Hyaluronic acid that would work better. Not sure if there is anything else you could use over the counter. Greg

Picture of John
Thanks very much, Greg. But why no CP Serum?
John

Picture of Skin Biology
Dear John:

We're so sorry to hear of your experience.

We'll have Dr. Pickart post back his suggestions...

You may want to carefully review our page on Post Procedure Skin Recovery - After Peels, Dermabrasion, and Lasers:
http://reverseskinaging.com/postprocedure.html

Best Wishes - We'll post back,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear John:

We reviewed your post with Dr. Pickart and actually we advise not to use SRCPs on open wounds.
But we always suggest to clients to not use the products if the wound or lesion is open and/or oozing any fluid. And if the wound worsens contact their physician immediately.

However many clinics, where estheticians and dermatologists carry our products, say they use Regular CP Serum after 2 hours of strong chemical peel procedures. They say this works very well.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBioTeam,
Picture of John
Dear Skin Bio-
I appreciate the interest and concern you've shown. (The company I purchased the 55% Lactic Acid Serum from has yet to answer my email about my mishap! I'm not looking to blame them, or for recompense...I was just hoping for a show of concern. But as of yet...nothing.)

Regarding the Regular CP Serum: I did inadvertently use it once after washing my face (before I applied the Emu Oil) but I will discontinue using it until my skin has improved. The dozen or so blotches on my face have already begun to scab and I am alternating applications of Emu Oil with Neosporin. (Greg, I have no topical Hyaluronic Acid though I suppose I could get some at the health food store).

My face is a MESS...and all because I went too gung-ho with the 55% Lactic Acid. Careful, everybody...careful. Don't leave these acids on even a FRACTION too long or you'll pay the price like I did!

John

Picture of Skin Biology
Dear John:

We are hoping that your skin will recover soon.
Please keep us informed.

-Skin Biology
John,
55% is way too strong unless you have worked your way up from 10% and even then I would never use it. You may want to get some HA which will make it better but not great. Otherwise just use emu oil and hide and make up a story about a rash or poison ivy. It will improve in less than a week, I hope. Greg

Picture of John
LOL- Hey, Greg, I was going to wear a safari-type hat pulled down over my head and semi-dark shades on my eyes, to the health food store yesterday (my version of being incognito, I guess) but I was talked out of it by a relative who said I looked weird and VERY suspicious! Ha...so I didn't go!

But, I WILL go to the store today as I really need to pick up some supplements to help the rejuvenation process. I'll also look for the Hyaluronic Acid while I'm there (I think Reviva Labs puts one out, if I'm not mistaken).

My face still looks bad, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm way too self-conscious to do anything this weekend so I'll just hide out and try to get better, I guess.

I wish I never did the 55% Peel. I was told by the company I purchased it from (in an email I received late last night) that I should use sunburn cream on my face for a while and then switch to Emu Oil and CP Serum.

I wonder if I will have any new scars (or hyperpigmentaton) from this "experience". Like I said...I wish I never used the peel. I HATE down time! Frowner

Thanks again-
John

Picture of John
After doing a job on my skin last week with the 55% Lactic Acid Peel I've been applying Emu Oil a couple times a day but instead of it moisturizing my face, it seems to somehow be dehydrating it. I don't understand this at all. Right now my facial skin is as tight as a drum and I can barely open my mouth to speak (not necessarily a bad thing...LOL). Can someone explain to me why this might be occurring? My face is extremely dehydrated on the surface but still very oily underneath. All I've been using is a 4.5 ph soap-free cleanser to wash my face, followed by the Emu Oil and a few drops of Regular CP Serum. Is this wrong?

By the way...what is the suggested amount of Emu Oil one should be applying? One drop? A few drops? A teaspoonful? I'm confused about this. Because my skin was so damaged by the peel, I was slathering on the Emu and then mopping up the excess with a kleenex. Was this wrong? Obviously it didn't help as my face seems super-dry. Any help or explanations anyone can offer me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

John
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear John:

We were able to review your post with Dr. Pickart (just right now actually) and it is interesting that we've had a few people who have really damaged their skin tell us that even when using very effective moisturizers (like Emu Oil-S) they've noticed a dryness to their skin.

Their skin, Dr. Pickart states, may be so damaged that they are not able to put very much on it at all. He would recommend actually using less of the product instead of more. Try to guard against the tendency to apply more. Try using less of the Emu Oil-S and see how this goes for you

Best Wishes - Please post back,
-Skin Biology
Picture of John
Thanks, Skin Bio. You don't know how much I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly on this. You do this for everybody. It means a lot!
I'll do as you've suggested and will be sure to post back.
John
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear John:

We'd really like to see the product work for you - If anything else comes up in the meantime you can post or please give us a call at 1-800-405-1912.

-Skin Bio Team
John,
I guess I would agree. At some point in time you just have to let it dry out in the air and get better,like a scab when you skin a knee. Greg