Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Fresh Surgery Scar (Dr Pickart?) Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I looked through all the forum topics and couldn't find anything addressing what to do to minimize scarring from surgery. One week ago I had surgery to stabilize a leg fracture and have one approx. 6 in. long incision, plus two other smaller incisions. I believe all my stitches will be removed at my next Dr.'s appointment, in a few days. I know not to use copper peptides on broken skin, and that I need to avoid exposing the scars to sunlight for many months. Other than that, ?? A friend told me to put liquid vitamin E on the scars. I have not researched that yet. Does Dr. Pickart have any advice about fresh surgical scars? Thanks.
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Phoebega:

Dr. Pickart will probably post his thoughts shortly - But please keep in mind that copper peptides are only designed for cosmetic uses.

Our products are not to be used on skin that is severely irritated, oozing, or on any open wounds. So be sure that the area has completely healed over first.

Only after the area has completely and totally healed over, you can diminish the look of blemishes by using a mild copper peptide. Many have successfully used the products to improve the appearance of their skin.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology