Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Unsure if I can use Super CP Serum from 8/05 Login/Join

Picture of John
posted   Report This Post  
I have about 1/2 a bottle left and I haven't used it in a while. It has been in my medicine chest in the bathroom so I imagine it has been exposed to whatever mist and humidity have wafted over from the shower. When I tilt the bottle sideways, a sediment-looking substance clings to the side for a few seconds before sliding back into the liquid.

The tag on the back says it was bottled in August 2005 and it is also marked as being from: "Lot 5-499".

Can someone please advise me on whether it is still safe to use this product? I have been using the Super GH-K Serum for several weeks (and Regular CP Serum before that) but I would like to get back into using the Super CP Serum again, if I can.

Thanks very much for any information or help anyone can provide on this.

John
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hello John,

I always gently shake my topical products before each use (and my drinks, soymilk, and juices Big Grin), unless the manufacturer instructs not to, to ensure even mixture of ingredients.

About three years ago, I was in the same position as you with several of my SRCPs. Although I can't say the same for your Super CP Serum, my older SRCPs forumulations were at least 2.5-3 years old then and they were potent and worked even more magically and better than when I first learned to use them years prior.

Skin Biology mentioned that SRCPs had been tested to be good for five years when I first asked I believe.
I just checked the thread and my very first question of being a member. The Trireduction w/ Retinol and CP Serum, and Exfol that I was using were > 3.5 years old, and the SRCPs then were the old smelly types.
Picture of John
Thanks, JW. I hadn't gone so far to unscrew the top of the Super CP to take a whiff (what does "bad copper" smell like??) but the color looked a bit more cobalt, so I was unsure of its safety. You know, it's a DEEPER blue, like the color of the ocean when you're WAY OUT...

I'll start back with a few drops and see what happens. Thanks for your input, JW.

John