Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
About physical abrasion... Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello Smiler
I was wondering whether it's a good idea to do a sugarscrub and mildly trying to abrade the skin-in order to enhance srcp action? I have very damaged skin on my face, shoulder and chest area from break outs (and squeezing) and after two years now it feels like the skin needs to be abraded in order for the remodelling to occur? What I have are not fresh red marks but rather PIH from 2-4 years old blemishes (lots!)and I see that I have gotten different texture in my skin from this-it's particularly clear on the shoulders and chest where the skin is wrinkled!! It freaks me out since I'M ONLY 20!!
What to do? Is there a difference between this type of wrinkling(and induced skindamage) and the normal one from aging....pls help me/ sarah

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Sarah:

We will be glad to get back to you on that - We know that in the past Dr. Pickart had said that a sugar scrub to gently abrade the skin would be fine. But we will have him respond on this according to the latest information.

Thank you,
-Skin Biology
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear sarah:

After considering your post with Dr. Pickart, he stated that: We don't see anything wrong with the sugarscrub. We consider it just another abrasive method. Just carefully watch that you do not over do it.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Tean