Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Lots of bugging qns, need help... Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi Skin bio or Dr. pickart,

The last qn I enquire, I was recommended this routine to follow.

AM:
1. Wash face with gentle cleanser.
2. Use CP Serum very lightly all over (be careful around the eye area)
3. Use Emu Oil on any dry areas

PM:
2. Use Exfol or LacSal very lightly all over (be careful around the eye area)
3. Use CP Night Premier very lightly around eye area.
4. Use Emu Oil on dry areas.

I went to search around skin bio website and saw another recommendation saying that CP serum should be applied in the night and only on alt evenings. Then should I change my routine accordingly? Would there be any complications if I use CP serum every night instead?

There is a list of qns below which I wish to get some advice on.

1. I am in the military and thus I need to sometimes bathe in the aft due to physical activities. Currently, I am just using plain water to wash my face as I am afraid of washing off the bioskin stuff I applied in the morn. Is it advisable to do so? or is there any better alternatives? Reapplying the products would be very troublesome for me due to my job nature.

2. Currently, I have no problem applying on the serum stuff as the texture allows it to glide smoothly over my skin. However, during the last step when applying the emu oil, I have trouble applying it due to the rough texture and I tend to drag it over my face rather then gently applying it. It doesn't help that I am only suppose to apply a little of it on my face due to my combi skin. Any recommendations to make the application easier? Can I mix a little water with it to make it smoother? Will it decrease the effectiveness of the products applied early such as exfol or CP serum?

3. I saw the info on Super CP and CP serum and correct me if I am wrong, the only diff bet Super CP and CP is the 2% hydroxy acid added into Super CP rite? Thus, if using Super CP, there will be no need to use exfol or lacsal anymore? Is this assumption correct?

4. Lastly, what is the proper way to apply CP night eyes premium? Currently, I am only apply it to the region of my eye bags and the sides of my eyes. Is that correct?

Sorry for the long qns, tried to make it as short as possible...

Johnny
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
One more issue, ever since I am on bioskin routine. The part of my face near to my lips always gets dry very easily even thou I regular applied emu oil on it.

Is there any other moisturizers in bioskin range of products that is better than emu oil? Is squalene better than emu is terms of absorbtion and moisturization?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
1. An effective amount of the products that you apply in the morning will penetrate the skin and remain after washing with water.

2. You could use some water with the Emu Oil to help apply it.

3. The Super CP has some salicylic acid but it still is better to also use a hydroxy acid at a different time of the day since the pure acids are at a low pH (about pH 3) while the Super CP is at pH 6.

4. Yes, just use the CP Night Eyes on the problem areas.

5. Squalane is very good. Some people use Emu Oil on certain areas of their face and squalane on other areas.
Thanks Dr. Pickart for relieving me of all these troubling qns.

However one more issue.

My current routine is this,

AM:
2. Use CP Serum very lightly all over (be careful around the eye area)
3. Use Emu Oil on any dry areas

PM:
2. Use Exfol or LacSal very lightly all over (be careful around the eye area)
3. Use CP Night Premier very lightly around eye area.
4. Use Emu Oil on dry areas.

Should I follow your recommendation on the website by swapping exfol to be applied in the morn and CP serum in the nite?

As I am now having conflicting instructions on my daily skincare routine.

One last issue,

On days that I will be washing my face three times a day due to sports activities, etc.

Should I reapply the CP serum or exfol to my face after the afternoon face wash? Or should I just apply the moisterizers to my face aft the wash?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
In general, we recommend the SRCPs in the day and hydroxy acids at night. But individuals often find a method that works better for them. The is no hard-and-fast rule.

You could reapply CP Serum after you wash. The exercise should put enough oil on your face.