Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Where to start? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello Skin Biology folks!

I would like to start using CPs for the first time. I have never used any CPs and don't have any experience with them. I did spend the last month reading through this website and many, many interesting posts, but I still don't know where to start and what products to order first.

I bit about me - i am 40 yr. old women with many skin issues - break outs since 12 yrs. old, tonnes of scars, lots of skin damage (sun spots) and wrinkles, and some early signs of skin sagging (especially in the eye area, but face as well).

I recently started using Tretinoin 0.05% for both the breakouts and the wrinkles. It's been only 14 days, but i think I am starting to see some changes - it seems that some old scars and damage is coming to the surface, and I haven't had any major breakouts in the last week or so. Overall, I am happy.

However, i would like to add PCs to my routine. I looked at all the products and am mostly interested in 2 products - CP Serum and Super CP Serum. I realize that I would need to start very slowly with either of these products, but I would almost like to start with the Super CP Serum right away, given that it is indicated as good for blemish-prone skin and that it has AHAs already in it.

What do you think? I am looking for a product I would be able to use on my entire face and my chest.

Also, if I go with Supper CP Serum, i would probably need to dilute it at the beginning. Would that work? What could i dilute it with? Would emu oil work? Or . . .?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to placing my first order, Rubby

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Rubby:

Either of the Serums (Regular CP Serum or Super CP Serum) would work well for blemish-prone/ oily skin.

We do have clients who start off with a light amount of Super CP Serum. It can be done, but we suggest to proceed very slowly and carefully monitor your skin's reaction.

Or you can start with CP Serum and work up to the Super CP Serum. What some people do is order both: 1oz of Regular and 1oz of the Super and start with the Regular and then work up to the Super.

Whatever you decide to do, we would suggest diluting first. Clients do seem to do much better when they start off that way. It's just a good idea. Usually the Serums are diluted with water. A few drops of SRCPs to 3-5+ drops water.

How to Dilute the Products

Skin Biology does recommend that one start very slowly with Skin Rejuvenating Copper-Peptides and first test a small area of the skin to see how their particular skin reacts to the formula.

If you decide to start off slowly by diluting the products, this will be fine as well. Most products are water based and will not lose effectiveness when diluted with water. A good rule of thumb for dilution is 1-2 drops of the product to every 5-8 drops of water. If you are using a Cream product you can apply a thin amount to the face after cleansing and while the skin is still damp. This will serve as a good dilution method as well.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thanks Skin Bio Team!

The info on how to dilute CP Serum is very helpful!

I'll place my order with Skin Bio Canada today!

Rubby