Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Advice regarding dermaplaning? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi. I'm hoping someone at skin bio can offer some advice for my rather specific situation.

Background:
I have what my dermatologist has diagnosed as benign sebaceous hyperplasia on the surface of my nose. Basically, it looks like a bunch of "hills" covering the skin, with average diameter of 6mm, height of 3mm. They're not hard or discolored. They don't feel or look like scar tissue. Rather, these "hills" feel like normal skin except for the fact that they're extra skin and they give the nose an overall "lumpy" appearance.

So I've seen a few cosmetic surgeons, and each of them have suggested dermaplaning as my best option to smooth out the bumps. I am concerned however with the risk of permanent discoloration or scarring.

Question:
Does anyone have a suggestion about skinbio products (or any other precautionary or post-op measure) that I could take before/during/after surgery in order to prevent discoloration or scarring? Of the two, I'd say that discoloration is my main concern.

All advice appreciated. Thanks.
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear jude:

Although you will want to follow your dermatologists suggestions, here is our page on Post Procedure Skin Care:

Post Procedure Skin Recovery - What to Do?

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,