Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Absorption for Serums vs Lotions Login/Join

Picture of Rossana
posted   Report This Post  
I was wondering if the active ingredients in CP serums absorb at a higher rate or higher percentage than the active ingredients in lotions. I usually use lotions as I have dry skin but it seems to me when I use serums at night, the following day my skin looks better than when I use lotions. In both cases I put celes or emu oil on top of the serum / lotion.
I was wondering if it is just my impression or a coincidence or there is an actual absorption difference.
Thank you so much! Smiler

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Rossana:

Great question! We are frequently asked, "which absorbs better: serums or creams?"

Most clients say they have heard/read that serums absorb better. Really it all has to do with how the product is formulated and how your individual skin responds.

Dr. Pickart says that "those with oily skin should always use the serums. But some people do better with one vs. the other. Stick with whatever works best for you."

There may not be an explanation Rossana as far as why it feels like your skin is absorbing the serums better vs. copper peptide creams - But definitely stick with it. It seems you are experiencing some lovely results!

It is always a good idea for clients to test out and compare various methods and see what works best for their skin type.

Even as far as CELES Oil vs Emu Oil as an effective penetrating agent is concerned, it's a good to test out or sample both!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of Rossana
Thank you so much Skin Biology Smiler

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Skin Biology
You are most welcome! It is so fascinating how different individuals can respond to a variety of copper peptide methods and techniques.

Please keep in touch Rossana! Let us know how things continue to work out for you.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology