Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Using a retinol with Cps Login/Join

Picture of Di
posted   Report This Post  
I've been trying to decide if I should use a retinol cream with my cps or just keep using my cp serum and Exfol cream. Will a drug store retinol and cps cause a problem together? I'm just thinking about getting a Drugstore retinol, nothing real strong. Would I just be waisting my money or do you think that adding this would help with fine lines and wrinkles. I cant use Renova or Retin A. It's way too much for my skin.

Thank You Smiler
Diane
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Just use your Exfol w/ the CPs. A drugstore retinol probably won't be all that strong.

For the best results using any exfoliative, make sure to incorporate a wait time after applying the Exfol. Usually about 30 minutes. If you use a cleanser that is akaline and has a higher pH than your skin's pH (4.5-5.5), then you need to wait after cleansing and before you apply the exfoliant. The reason for this is that a cleanser that has a high pH will raise your skin's pH. If you skin's pH is very high when you apply the exfoliant, it won't work very well. It takes about 30 minutes for your skin's pH to return to normal. The reason you wait after applying your exfoliant is to give it time to work. Applying any product on top will raise the pH and stop the exfoliant's action. Again, it takes about 30 minutes for your skin's pH to return to normal.

Di - I found that using the CPs helped to eliminate the irritation I got from my retinoid. If you still have some, you might be able to try again. I use both a retinoid and a BHA
Picture of Di
Hi Foxe,
Thank you for the reply. I wasn't sure if it was a dumb question Confused? or not. I do use Green Cream level 6 on part of my face but my cheeks are pretty sensitive, so I don't use it there and once I put just a tiny bit of Renova on my cheek and the next morning I had 2 round spider veins that have never gone away and now I have a couple more so I blame it on the renova and it was only 0.025%. I haven't gotten any since.

So I was just kind of thinking about using a drug store retinol all over my face along with the copper peptides, but If everyone thinks that I would get just as good of results with my cp serum and Exfol cream then I would rather do that anyway. Thank you for explaining about the wait time for the Exfol. I usually use it in the morning and I don't wash my face so I guess that's okay. I just rinse in the morning. Then I put the exfol on and wait an hour or so then I put on my Day Cover. At least that's what I have been doing the last couple of weeks. At night I use cp serum and emu oil and I alternate evey other night with the Green Cream level 6.

Thank you
Smiler
Picture of stoney
Di, Why don't you just continue using your Green Cream... Smilerit is a better retinol than any drug store brand...

You can continue to alternate -or- start using them both in the PM...I believe they are compatible... Smiler
Picture of Di
Hi Stoney,
I guess I'm also trying to save a little money too. Maybe I should use Level 3 Green Cream all over my face instead of buying level 3 for my cheeks and level 6 for the rest of my face. I know I need somthing on my cheek and nasal label area. I didn't use anything at all there for about 3 years.

Thank you Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Di - I think you're game plan sounds fine. Using Exfol will give you results. Just rinsing in the morning is great (lucky you - I have such oily skin that I need to use a cleanser).

Do you ever use the Green Cream the same night as the CPs? It's possible - you just need a wait time. Retinol needs as much if not more of a wait time to exfoliate as the other types of exfolitators. It takes a while for the Vitamin A in it to turn into an acidic form before it does it's job, so it actually takes a little longer than a retinoid. A retinoid is already in an acid form (retonic acid). A wait of about 30 minutes (or longer for the Green Cream) is enuf.

Have you been using the CPs for very long? I noticed the rudiness leaving my face within a month of using CPs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: foxe,
Picture of Di
Hi Foxe,
Yes, I do use Green Cream the same night as cps at least sometimes I do,every other night. I usually wait about 15 minutes I think. I use cp serum first then add the Green Cream.

I'v been using Cps for about 7 months now. I used it years ago also, but stopped for awhile and only used Green Cream, but started getting a little red in the cheek area after washing my face, even though I didn't use anything at all on the cheek area.

So, now I'm thinking I'll just use my cps and Green Cream Level 3 on my entire face and see how it goes for awhile. If I start turning red again, I'll know to cut back. I'm only going to use it every other night. So we will see.

Thank you for the help Smiler

Diane

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,