Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Chemical peels with copper peptides Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi, just curious before I try;
I've used chemical peels in the past before starting skin biology's products, mixture of 20% salicylic acid & 30% glycolic acid every two weeks. would it hurt if I used it again and then the copper peptides 30 min's after, like I would with the usual exfoliators(LacSal,Exfol), or should I wait a couple days after the peel before using the copper peptides again, or should I start the peels at lower concentrations again, or is the entire idea bad? Also, I usually use a hyaluronic moisturizer afterwards, would applying this on top of copper peptides have any negative effect?
Thanks
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
This should help: http://www.reverseskinaging.com/postprocedure.html

I've done a large number of peels since last October. Usually 2-3 weeks apart. Some home peels but mostly professional. My Esthetician said between peels the idea is to baby the skin so it can get better. I've pretty much avoided milder acids between peels.

My personal favorite post Peel is the P&R with Retinol.

I know nothing about Hyaluronic's other then Dr. Pickart advises against them so I have avoided them.

https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...0084653/m/2750084653

BW MaxxC

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
oh wow, thanks for the links. i guess i'll avoid the hyaluronics too.
about the peels, i've been using supercop 2x and lacsal twice daily for about 2 months. assuming i drop back to using exfol cream twice a day and continue with supercop 2x, do you think that would be okay, or should i cut back more? I plan on trying the peels on my body to see if it quickens the results. Any advice from your experience?
thanks
quote:
I plan on trying the peels on my body to see if it quickens the results. Any advice from your experience?

LOl. Yes, sometime I wonder If I'm the only one who does peels on the whole body.

I started peels on the whole body back in Early October spaced about 2 weeks apart. I didn't use Skin Biology on the Body until 3 months later. Up till then was using Matrixyl. Total waste.

On the body I started with 35% Glycolic or 40% Lactic and worked my way up to 70% Glycolic, 85% Lactic and 30% Salicylic. Even did a whole body peel(except face and neck) with 100% Lactic a few weeks ago. Salicylic 30% is my favorite. Sometimes I will mix them like you do. The body skin (except neck) of course is thicker and generally less sensitive so you can go stronger or work your way up to stronger acids much quicker then the face.

What CP are you using for the body? I have used nothing but P&R Body lotion for 4 months with the exception of three small scarred areas where I apply Trireduction at the opposite end of the day.

As far as Supercop 2X. Actually most of my facial Scar improvement came with regular CP serum and P&R cream. I did however have areas that only responded to the SuperCop 2X and I believe it will get you there faster if you don't mind the occasional irritation and bouts of the "uglies".

On my final two peels of the season which where scheduled 2 weeks apart I did use SC2X twice per day on the face. I usually use P&R Cream between peels and I really didn't see any quicker improvements with the SC2X. There may have been more things going on under the surface with SC2X but they wern't noticeable on the surface after the two weeks.

After that long rant Wink To answer your question. With the peels the body looked better but the improvement would disappear within a few weeks. After adding the Body lotion to the peels in just 4 months my skin looks totally different. I've found the hands the slowest to respond. When I look at my legs and arms it looks like someone has grafted new skin on them Smiler

MaxxC

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Hey MaxxC, how did you manage to do whole body peels? Apply section by section? Ignore neutralising with an alkali and just jump in the shower?

I would quite like to try it on my chest and back.

Also, did your body peels also remove any freckles you had on your skin in those areas?