Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
lizard skin! Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I began using skin bio products back in Jan. after I noticed the most significant aging changes taking place in my skin around Sept. or Oct. I was on the cusp of turning 37 and noticed my eyelids starting to droop as well as some nasolabial lines beginnning. So, I faithfully started in Jan. and experimented until I got down a regular program of occasional peels (lactic), copper peptides, exfol, dmae liquid, and emu and squalane oils. What I noticed immediately after starting the products was a lizardy texture to my skin...sort of bigger pores and crepe-looking. I assumed this was the uglies and heard from others that it would go away. However, it never really went away. The crepy big pored skin is on my cheeks, nasolabial area, and chin. Although I've been conservative enough with the cp's, I decided maybe my skin just reacted more strongly to them. So, about a month ago, I backed off to using them only once or twice a week to see if they were the culprit. The rest of my routine remained the same. The crepey skin remains in those areas though. My question is: Could this just be the natural progression of aging that began back in Sept., or from the regular use of cp's? I want to blame the cp's, but realize that I had started to experience my most significant signs of aging just prior to my intitial use of them. I imagine the skin of everyone eventually takes on this bigger-pored crepy look as they age. I'm wondering Dr. Pickart's thoughts on this and if I should and if sticking with cp's can eventually remedy this. Another hypothesis I had is that it is constantly surfacing evidence of prior sun-damage, etc. and just needs more time to clear. What do you think?
Thanks so much,
Cricket
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
You've only just begun so I wouldn't panic. How often are you doing the peels and what strength? It may just be overuse of something. If you post your routine and products you are using it would help. The skin takes several months after starting the products to adjust. I think that beginners are using too many products, too strong and too often on this board. Greg
I guess we have a difference of opinion. I don't feel four or five months is "just beginning." I also can't be overdoing it with the cp's if I only use them once or twice a week now! I use a 10% lactic acid maybe 2x per week. I've been using gentle clean, exfol, dmae liquid, cp's once or twice a week, and emu oil in a.m. and p.m. I use squalane to remove my eye makeup. I think my use has been pretty conservative, especially this past month.
I personally think the Lactic acid could be the culprit plus maybe the strength of the cp's. I know from my experience I would rest the LA for a couple weeks as it could make your skin more sensitive to overuse. I may be wrong but that would be my best advice to basically start over. I have actually dropped down from super cp to cp since i started using the Lactic Acid. Greg