Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
GHK VIP Luxury Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Will you guys ever put this product on sale again? I really like it but it's price tag is a little out of my range, do you guys intend to put it on sale again at some point in time?
Picture of Adria-Alexis
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I've been wondering the exact same thing! I'm so mad at myself that I didn't pick it up last time it was on sale but I didn't really understand what it was. Still, you don't get very much but i imagine if you barely cover the skin as they keep telling us to do it would last awhile anyway.I don't want to start a 177 dollar habit when I spend so much else on anti-aging items, on the other hand, if it's that good, maybe that is all I'll need along with the either basic SB things (and my Renova and sunscreen). The thing is I also use so many other things as well as the Cps and everything n that program (the exfolliant, TTT, Emu and Celes Oils... But then I had already been using things like bit. Vitamins C and B, peptides, Renova, as well as most of Nanci's NCNskincare things - the DNA, Matrixyl, Ceramides, etc. She also sells Dr.Pickart's copper but puts growth hormone in it - I'd love to know Dr. Pickart's view on that as it is other lotions as well. dDo we need all of these extra things when using cps, or are cps and their trimmings enough? Thank you!
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear miatoromatic and Adria_Alexis:

We will definitely keep you in touch regarding any future promotions - One of the best ways to keep abreast of any new developments/specials is by making sure you are signed up for our monthly newsletter.

Or (as many clients do) when you call in your order, ask your Skin Biology Representative what the current specials are and we will make sure you are kept up-to-date.

However, many have found that the GHK VIP Luxury Cream lasts so long and can be incorporated in with other products that they can extend their nearly 2oz jar for months. Making the cost around $59/m...

Feel free to private message Dr. Pickart about his opinion on mixing his invention of copper-peptides with growth hormones.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Yes, when we make more.

It is also very expensive for use to make since we have to buy the expensive GHK-Copper.
Picture of Adria-Alexis
Thanks SB for your suggestions and help. I private messaged Dr. Pickart awhile ago; still haven't heard back yet but I know he is busy and am hoping he will answer at some point in the near future (also hoping I sent the private message the correct way so that he got it! - pretty sure I did). I find that since I started this fascination with skin products and anti-aging and all the ins and outs of it, that the more I learn the more I realize I don't know and so keep researching more and more and more lol. It's fun though. I never thought I would be interested in how skin works, but it's so intriguing I often find myself wondering how anyone could NOT be overly fascinated by how it works and the different products and ingredients and what they do (or don't do).

I love researching and research many topics, but what I find the most frustrating is that I often forget or can't find something important I stumbled upon! That's what happened here. I remember reading something about Growth Hormones mixed with copper peptides being a bad combination but haven't the foggiest idea where I read it or if I even saved it which is why I thought to ask here. I can't imagine why someone who is knowledgeable and has their own small business would combine them when according to what I read it's a bad idea. And since she gets her copper from Dr. Pickart (which is how I found SB) it doesn't make sense.

Also I am very curious about the safety of using growth hormones and also FGF 1 peptide used by Eshee
[URL=http://www.esheeesthetic.com/technology.php%5DEshee]http://www.esheeesthetic.com/technology.php/URL].

Are these things safe or is it better to avoid them? I've read they can cause cancer as they cause the skin cells to start turning over and growing TOO fast?

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I have messaged him and am waiting on a reply. In the meantime I will continue to use them since I spent a lot of money and don't have a reason not to as it seems half the skin community on the internet is for them the other half against.

I appreciate your suggesting I ask Dr. Pickart directly. I'm pretty sure I did it right. Am looking forward to his reply.

Thanks again! Smiler

Adria-Alexis

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Adria-Alexis,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
I don't think I wrote about Growth Hormone and Copper Peptides.

But growth hormone may accelerate cancer growth. FGF1 inhibits the cancer controlling system of protein P53.

As for FGF1 and cancer.....

Oncogene (2005) 24, 7839–7849. doi:10.1038/sj.onc.1208932; published online 1 August 2005
FGF1 inhibits p53-dependent apoptosis and cell cycle arrest via an intracrine pathway

Sylvina Bouleau1,2, Hélène Grimal1,2, Vincent Rincheval1,2, Nelly Godefroy1,2, Bernard Mignotte1,2, Jean-Luc Vayssière1,2 and Flore Renaud1,2

1Laboratoire de Génétique et Biologie Cellulaire, Université de Versailles/Saint Quentin-en Yvelines, CNRS FRE 2445, France
2Laboratoire de Génétique Moléculaire et Physiologique, Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, 45 Avenue des Etats-Unis, 78035 Versailles Cedex, France

Correspondence: F Renaud, Laboratoire de Génétique et Biologie cellulaire and Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, 45 Avenue des Etats-Unis, 78035 Versailles, Cedex, France; E-mail: frenaud@genetique.uvsq.fr

Received 31 January 2005; Revised 23 May 2005; Accepted 10 June 2005; Published online 1 August 2005.
Top of page
Abstract

We analysed the relationships between p53-induced apoptosis and the acidic fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) survival pathway. We found that p53 activation in rat embryonic fibroblasts induced the downregulation of FGF1 expression. These data suggest that the fgf1 gene is a repressed target of p53. Unlike extracellular FGF1, which has no effect on p53-dependent pathways, intracellular FGF1 inhibits both p53-dependent apoptosis and cell growth arrest via an intracrine pathway. FGF1 increases MDM2 expression at both mRNA and protein levels. This increase is associated with an acceleration of p53 degradation, which may partly account for the ability of endogenous FGF1 to counteract p53 pathways. In the presence of FGF1, p53 was unable to transactivate bax, but no modification of p21 gene transactivation was observed. As Bax is an essential component of the p53-dependent apoptosis pathway, this suggests that intracellular FGF1 inhibits p53 pathways not only by decreasing the stability of p53, but also by modifying some of its transactivation properties. In conclusion, we showed that p53 and FGF1 pathways may interact in the cell to determine cell fate. Deregulation of one of these pathways modifies the balance between cell proliferation and cell death and may lead to tumor progression.
Keywords:

FGF1, P53, apoptosis

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Adria-Alexis
Thank you so very much Dr. Pickart for taking the time to write out all that you did on this subject. This is exactly what I wanted to know from someone who knows. Rumors back and forth on the internet don't quite make it, but when *you* talk about possible cancer, cell death, tumor progression etc.there is no doubt left in my mind about these products. I guess the people who use it don't care or don't bother to find out because with that kind of info I can't imagine who would put those things on their skin. I was about to buy Nanci's (ncnskincare) capsules that are filled with Growth Hormone and also Eshee Ki which has the FGF1 in it and from all the reviews is supposed to be miraculous (it's almost 200 dollars for 10ml it better be miraculous!!) but you just saved me a fortune as I will not be purchasing those products now or ever.

I really do appreciate your taking so much time to explain and cite all of those details about growth hormone and fgf1! What a privilege all of us here have to be exposed to your research and knowledge. You may very well have saved numerous lives from cancer by that post! I wish there was a way all of us "Science Students" (love how you have that set up btw) could get together and throw you a party and shower you with gifts preferably made from copper to show our gratitude to you for all that you do to educate and share your research and knowledge with us and all who join here. You could have just set up a website with copper for sale and skipped all of the hard work of making it a community rather than a mere store, but you took that extra step. I've learned more from reading your website and forums than I have from researching on my own for months and months.

I am surprised that the FDA allows these two ingredients to be used in products with the cancer risk involved!

Again many thanks and oh, I didn't say that I read you had said something about copper and grown hormones; I mentioned that I had run across something about how it was a bad combination (on the web somewhere during one of my research sessions) and I can't remember where I read it. Well, doesn't matter anymore, now that I know the truth.

Ha, maybe I should post about the dangers on these websites that sell items with those ingredients and leave links and tell them, there is a better and safer way to achieve what they want to accomplish! Smiler

Speaking of which I got a sample of the GHK Copper and tried it out last night - just a thin layer with TTT on top of it as the directions said and my face felt absolutely lovely the next morning! It actually started feeling lovely the from the minute I put it on. It's so fine and silky. I was afraid that since I have dry skin and needed the cream that this would be too drying but it wasn't at all, no peeling or flaking the next day either, just beautifully soft silky skin with pores that seemed much smaller than they had been. Now I see how the VIP Luxury Cream is indeed a luxury cream or serum for very important people like Dr. Pickart's science students!

If it ever goes on sale again I can't wait to try the cream. I may even buy two @ the sale price if it keeps that long, as I can only imagine what gorgeous things it would do to my skin over time, (I'm afraid to buy it now as knowing my luck as soon as I purchase it at the regular price it will go on sale lol!

Usually I use a second generation copper or SS (which is half first and half second generation right?) and I put Lacsal on first, wait half and hour or more and then the copper as I read here that some people like to do it that way and it works out fine for me.

A quick question that has been rattling around in my brain and to bring it back round to the title of the thread: why is it that for the GHK copper you say many times to make sure you keep the exfoliant and the GHK copper apart by using the Lacsal (or whichever one) at the opposite end of the day from using the GHK VIP copper, but previously it was said it was just fine to use the lacsal and put the second generation copper and SS (though isn't SS a combination of both? Confused ) right on top of it? Sorry to once again barrage you with questions but this one has been torturing my brain for quite awhile now and this seems like the time to ask.

Why would there be such a drastic difference in instructions on how to use GHK and 2nd gen? What I mean is why is is okay to put 2nd gen right on top of an exfoliant (and even SS which is half 1st generation if I am correct?) but so important to keep GHK and the exfoliant at opposite ends of the day? Why is it different? What would happen if you were to use the GHK over the exfoliant anyway? And why is it okay to use SS over an exfoliant with half of it being first generation?

With much thanks and appreciation,
Adria-Alexis

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Adria-Alexis,
Picture of Skin Biology
quote:
Originally posted by Adria-Alexis:

If it ever goes on sale again I can't wait to try the cream. I may even buy two @ the sale price if it keeps that long, as I can only imagine what gorgeous things it would do to my skin over time, (I'm afraid to buy it now as knowing my luck as soon as I purchase it at the regular price it will go on sale lol!

Dear Adria-Alexis:

Special offer this week only! March 4th thru March 9th

For this week only (til Sunday March 9th) Dr. Pickart's 3% GHK VIP Luxury Cream is offered at the special price of $109.99

This is over 35% off of the regular price and in honor of International Women's Day, all purchases of the VIP Luxury Cream include a FREE gift of Dr. Pickart's Lip Replenisher.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of Skin Biology
quote:
Originally posted by Skin Biology:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Adria-Alexis:

Dear Adria-Alexis:

Special offer this week only! March 4th thru March 9th - VIP Luxury Cream at Special Price

For this week only (til Sunday March 9th) Dr. Pickart's 3% GHK VIP Luxury Cream is offered at the special price of $109.99

This is over 35% off of the regular price and in honor of International Women's Day, all purchases of the VIP Luxury Cream include a FREE gift of Dr. Pickart's Lip Replenisher.

...............................................................................................................................

Regarding your question of why GHK-Copper is advised to be applied at opposite ends of the day as a hydroxy acid exfoliator (whereas 2nd generation products can be used back-to-back), here is the answer:

In general, we recommend to use hydroxy acids at the opposite ends of the day as your copper peptide products. Some clients choose to use the 2nd generation products after waiting 20-30 minutes after use of one of our leave-on exfoliators.

However, "GHK is more fragile than the second generation peptides, so it would be best to use it several hours away from any hydroxy acid application." - See Dr. Pickart's post at:
https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...770041974#3770041974

Also see his posts at:
https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...=307109386#307109386
https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...171066016#9171066016
https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...170099594#5170099594

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology