Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Can CP improve skin barrier? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I have used Retin-A since late 2009; before using Retin-A; I have found no issue of using 15% glycolic acid & 15% Vit C even together in the same evening.

Last March I started using Super GHK serum; when I finished the bottle of 50ml GHK serum last month, I started using 30% diluted CP & this week I managed to use 100% undiluted CP serum.

Still, I find my skin sensitive - slight burning sensation when I put physical sunscreen & clay mask on my face, let alone low pH topical products like AHA & Vit C serum.

Right now, I put CP serum before Retin-A; an hour later, I put either emu oil or squalane on my face.

Any way to calm down my skin?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Your skin barrier is still very thin. It needs more time to thicken. Try also taking each day 3 grams of salmon oil, 1 gram of borage oil, 1 gram of vitamin C and 100 mgs of alpha lipoic acid to calm your immune response.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Dr. Pickart,

Thx for sharing the supplement advice with me; without you, I would have neglected the importance of supplement.

Cheers!
Dr. Pickart,

Just wanted to let you know that I bought those supplements advised by you the week after seeing your reply.

After taking those supplements for 2 months, I can DEFINITELY see that my skin barrier has much enhanced. Before taking those oils, I felt the Lascal Serum did burn my skin. However, now I don't feel a bit.

THANK YOU so much!!!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
We should always keep in mind that healthy skin is the result of many factors.

Copper peptides, hydroxy acids, abrasion and needling, etc. can do a lot, but supplements, exercise, and stress reduction also are critical.

For stress reduction, one often has to block out the world at times, and switch to spending more time enjoying personal experiences.