Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
SRCPs and "Malar Bags" Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello,

I have recently started using the CP Serum on my face *very* sparsely (diluted and only about 2x/week), and I now have a raised pimple-like blemish at the juncture between my undereye and cheek. Previously I had been told by my dermatologist that I have allergy-related edema in that area (the dreaded "malar bags"), and the blemish is in that exact area and isn't a pimple, exactly, but a red, raised bump that is quite large. Could this be the damaged edema-related tissue coming to the surface? How do I best handle this situation? Should I back off or keep applying the CPs?

Thanks!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
The basic problem is damaged skin. Color cosmetics and make up removers can severely damage the very thin skin around the eyes.

First apply an oil ( emu oil or squalane ) then the diluted CP Serum. If you don't have any oil, send an email to Skin Biology and we will send you some for testing.

We are working on a new version of GHK-copper for the eyes. This is milder than the second generation SRCPs and may work better around the eyes.
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thank you, Dr. Pickart. I just placed an order with Skin Biology to get the Emu-S oil and am excited to give that a try. The problem I mentioned above is also beginning to resolve, so perhaps my skin is starting the remodeling process. Thanks again for your quick reply!