Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Results from CP's Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Okay, Ive used CP's before several years ago. I'm not wanting to start this back up, but now reading a few things that are starting to for a lack of a better word, scare me.

I've read of stories where people have had what it seems to be permanent damage to their skin, where either elasticity or have lost collagen in their skin so now it sags , or just looks terrible.

I guess my question is, could there be some negative affects to the skin from CP's. What's safe to use, what's classified as first or second generation CP's from this site.

I've restarted by regime of CP about 2 weeks, ago, my skin is now going through some purging or uglies stage or it could just be TOTM that's causing this. But now I'm scared to keep using the CP that I have and I was just about to order some more and definitely reluctant until I do a bit more research.

Some clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Has CP's been tested for anti aging, or just remodeling?
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Skinaddict:

We'd be more than happy to address your questions - You may also feel free to contact us at 1-800-405-1912.

Of course on the internet one can find nearly anything (positive or negative) on nearly any subject. It's also important to keep in mind that with skincare, many negative comments/posts on forums have been linked back to competing companies. We have much experience dealing with these questions before and would be happy to answer you.

First of all, Skin Biology is a biotech company that specializes in cosmetic products invented by biochemist Dr. Loren Pickart. Be assured that Dr. Pickart (as a biochemist who has successfully been studying skin for the past 49 years) would never use any compound or formulate any product that would adversely affect the health of the skin.

His inventions have had to undergo rigorous safety testing and have been found to be non-irritating and safe for long term use. Rather than cause damage, copper-peptides have been found to be the key to rejuvenating the skin and this data has been supported by numerous independent laboratories and universities; many studies were performed at UCSF.

However, there are some important tips that will help clients use the products properly right from the outset and avoid unnecessary irritation caused by overuse (or using a product that is much too strong for your skin type). See our suggestions below...

Please see: Tips on How to Use Copper Peptides Properly

How to Use Copper Peptides Properly and Why It Is Important

We have found that a slow, consistent approach to skin care is much more effective in the long run.

Our specialized products are (in general) more effective and stronger than most over-the-counter products and designed to trigger a strong rejuvenation signal in the skin. Some clients may even have some sensitivity in certain areas (around-the-eyes, neck, etc where the skin is thinner) that will make it essential that they start off slowly, as they should with any new cosmetic product.

The most effective way to avoid irritation is by starting slowly.

Use a milder copper-peptide product first for at least 4-6 weeks (apply it very lightly and use only as directed), then very gradually work up to a stronger product if needed. This “stair step” process has worked for many and is the best way to use our products.

It is important to use all Skin Biology products as directed: Super light applications that just barely cover the area and do not leave the skin excessively wet or heavy with product. Less is More.

We are here to assist you along the way - Call 1(800)405-1912 or Email: customerservice@skinbiology.com

.............................................................................................................................................................

What Is the Difference Between 1st and 2nd Generation Copper Peptides?

Brief Summary: “First Generation Products” are based on Dr. Pickart's original discovery of GHK-Cu which stands for glycyl-histidyl-lysine copper (II). GHK has been shown to produce a number of amazing benefits on the skin. However, it is quite fragile. Dr. Pickart found that combining small copper and soy-based peptides (“Second Generation Products”) produced a similar effect and served as a viable option for fading the appearance of blemishes and the more “difficult to affect” cosmetic signs of aging.

What is Classified as First or Second Generation?
Products which highlight "GHK" in the title are the primary "First Generation Copper Peptide Products":
- Super GHK Copper Cream
- Super GHK Copper Serum
- 3% GHK VIP Luxury Cream
- 3% GHK VIP Luxury Serum

The balance of ALL our other products are "Second Generation Copper Peptides".

However, Dr. Pickart has seen fit to now include GHK-Copper within the formulation of many of our other products - Such as Skin Signals Cream, Skin Signals Solution, Copper Sun Tanning & Firming Body Lotion, Perfect Lift Time Remedy Cream (which all have a combination of BOTH generations).

Which “Generation” is Stronger/Better? "Stronger" might not be the best description - "Better suited for certain skin rejuvenation tasks" might be a more appropriate term. The type of rejuvenation needed and the client's skin type and goals will dictate which is better for that particular individual. Remember, "stronger" doesn't necessarily mean better / Some client's skin may actually do better using 1st generation products whereas another individual's skin may respond better to 2nd generation products.

Now with the addition of the 3% GHK Serum, many clients have started using the VIP Luxury product every other day and continue to use their standard product (such as Skin Signals) on the other days. This would be the best of both worlds.

.............................................................................................................................................................

How to Successfully Traverse a "Transition Period"

1. Contact Skin Biology for your FREE personalized skin care consultation or call 1-800-405-1912 / We will assist you to start properly with the right product(s) for your skin.

2. Use products very lightly and take periodic "rests" or "breaks": Since skin is in layers and damage can exist in layers, it is not abnormal to notice things looking a bit worse before they look better. This is not necessarily a negative occurrence. But taking periodic breaks allows the skin to "catch up with itself" as it were and (similar to the idea of "muscle confusion) keeps your skin's progress moving in the right direction.

3. How to rest the skin? Concentrate on keeping the skin well moisturized with a biological oil such as Emu Oil-S Lipid Replenisher, Squalane, or a light DMAE serum such as Two Timing Tightener (DMAE - dimethylaminoethanol is an antioxidant that we base in aloe vera and vitamin E).

4. When you're ready to return to regular product use, start back with a mild product (perhaps just Regular CP Serum) and dilute by adding 2-3 drops of water and then apply lightly to the area.

So as you see, there is no reason to be hesitant about starting back --- We will be here to help you see great results!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
The CPs have been tested in many published studies but the FDA will not let us cite the papers or link them the products. There is never been a negative report in on the copper peptides in published studies from universities.

If you look around internet, you should be able to find the studies.