Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Help and FAQs  Hop To Forums  Questions Specifically for SKIN BIOLOGY    Laser hair & vericose vein removal? Anybody have experience with this?

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Laser hair & vericose vein removal? Anybody have experience with this? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
HI ladies,
You all are such experts that I thought I'd come here first with a few questions about lasers for hair removal and spider vein removal.

I'm sooooo sick of shaving. I can't wax - my skin gets way too irritated. No matter what technique I use, I always get itchy red irritation. I've also tried cream depilatories, but hated that too. Made me even redder and itchier. So I've about this laser hair removal.
Have any of you done this? I would ideally like my legs and bikini area, and maybe my "stash" over my lip. I'm sooooo petrified of having anything done on my face.....

Also, I have horrible spider veins all over my legs from my pregnancy. I've heard that sclerotherapy is painful, and that the lasers work just as well and are pain free. Pros and cons?

Finally, anybody that's had these done, can you give me an idea about how much they cost?

Thanks a bunch!
SandyL
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi Sandy,

I don't know if this helps, but I've recently had laser done on my face for spider veins (sorry, not the legs) - but anyway, I had it done last month and this past Thursday. The results so far are great. It cost me $200 per session (I'm in NY - about 30 minutes from New York City).

I had absolutely no reaction (i.e. bruising, bumps, allergic reaction, etc) - just a little puffiness that was gone by the next day. My sister also had it done, but she broke out in hives that went away after a few days.

It does not hurt - just feels like a light pin prick. You put on eye goggles to protect your eyes, and it literally took 5 minutes. Almost all of the spider veins are gone. I have a couple of small ones left (that the doctor missed).

The doctor could have gotten them all during the first session, but he wanted to make sure I didn't have a reaction so he did it lightly the first time (would have saved me $200 if I was brave enough to have him do them all!!)

So last Thursday, I had it done at noon, and at 7 p.m. I had to play the piano at a graduation and went to the graduation party afterwards and my face was fine with a little bit of makeup.

They may use a stronger laser for spider veins on they legs, as they are usually larger. I know there is a cream that is also used. I don't know how well it works but here is a link for it (look under gernetic). Another doctor told me that you can get a prescription cream for varicose veins that supposedly works well - sorry, I don't know the name of the product.

Hope this helps some

Laura

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,