New
Find
Notify
Tools
Nail Fungus ... HELP and ADVISE please !!!! Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi Dr. Pickart Smiler
How are u ??

I have a problem which I'm truly hoping u can help with ... YOUR ADVICE IN VERY VALUABLE TO ME ... especially since I think that u r BRILLIANT and SO VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE with SKIN, HAIR, NAILS ... etc ...
I've been using your products since last February for some facial scars btw, the results r slow but so far so good Big Grin

My question is:
w
What would u recommend for NAIL FUNGUS on the fingernails ??

The doctor told me to take LAMISIL pills and also to use LAMISIL topical cream on the thumbnail and then to take CLINDAMYCIN antibiotic pills 3x per day for 10 days ( which I have started taking today since I really want to get rid of the redness, tenderness and infection) and will be eating LOTS YOGURT AS WELL FOR MY INTESTINAL FLOWER Big Grin
however;
I REFUSE to take Lamisil having heard such horrible stories about the harm it cause to the the liver ... Eeker

and MOST IMPORTANTLY, in the future ... Is there any remote chance that u will develop and sell something that will HELP everyone out there that is afflicted cause there r so MANY OF US with this recurring NAIL FUNGUS, it's discuting and painful Roll Eyes

THANKS SO MUCH FOR UR TIME ... I APPRECIATE IT IMMENSLY and ANXIOUSLY wait for ur reply Big Grin
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hey Lila,
Waiting for the good Dr's reply

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Thanks Jadzia Big Grin , i already read that post but i live in CANADA and haven't found that product here Confused
Picture of Dr. Pickart
The key is to get the infections under control then work on improving the skin health around your nails.

BioHeal applied at night will help nourish the nails. Do not overwash your skin and use very Gentle Cleansers like our Gentle Clean. Do not use antibacterial soaps unless you are exposed to pathogenic bacteria such as when working in a hospital. Antibacterial soaps are very harsh on skin.

Use rubber or plastic gloves when cleaning with water or working with harsh materials.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
ok ... I will do that.

Whats the BEST way to get the infection under control ?????

Right now I'm using CLINDAMYCIN 300 mg antibiotics ( 3x per day for 10 days ) but i really DESPISE this method ... it is very harsh on my stomach and digestion Frowner

Thank-u Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by lila:
Thanks Jadzia Big Grin , i already read that post but i live in CANADA and haven't found that product here Confused

Some online retailers like drugstore.com sell it and they ship to Canada. The product website has a list of online sources.
Thanks Jadzia ... I appreciate it Waving