Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
SB shampoo/condit: will it affect bleached/dyed hair?? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I purchased the folligen sample pack for my dh. Smiler He used the folligen spray and emu oil for hair last night and the shampoo and conditioner this am.

1-
I was wondering if I could also use the SB shampoo and conditioner, eventhough I have thick hair. But, are these products "color safe" for color treated hair? (ie, dyed, highlighted, or bleached) Or will these products leach the color from my hair (fade, etc)

2-
If the products ARE color safe, is it also ok to use them before a highlighting service? or would there be some type of chemical interaction --cause discoloration, etc. Should I just use my reg shampoo/conditioner before I get highlights done??)

thanks!
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear PKH:

1. The copper-peptide hair products do have a tendency to like to attach itself to the hair shaft. Especially is this so with lighter/blond colored hair or highlighted areas. And chemically treated/colored hair is even more porous. If you do decide to use the Shampoo/Conditioner make sure you rinse them out very well. If this occurs (see the tip below)***

2. If you do decide to use the products and get a color service, you may want to rest from SRCPs 1-2 weeks before going in for your color treatment.

***Cautions and Getting Rid of Any Green
Blond hair may pick up a green tint if Folligen is in contact with the hair. Try to keep the products on the scalp. However, many men and women with blond hair report excellent results with the Folligen products. This is similar to the greenish-tint that may occur after spending time in swimming pools.

A solution from Diana:
Here's a heads up...

There are several of us with processed hair that tends to pick up a green tint even from the shampoo.

During my research to learn what chelates metals and what products swimmers are using that are producing excellent results, I happened across some very interesting information. I found that swimmers' hair gets a green tint (here it comes) not because of the copper alone but because the chlorine in the water opens the hair cuticle and the copper can then easily bind to the cuticle giving it a greenish tint and in fact happens even if you are not blonde although it is less noticeable. When I researched amongst swimmers, the best products that produced results hands down, shampoos with Vitamin C to chelate the metals from the hair were the winners. There were other “chemicals” for chelating but Vitamin C was rising to the forefront, great results and easily attainable.

With that said, a few of us, loving Folligen and not willing to give it up but wanting to get rid of the green, proceeded with rinsing our hair with lemon juice diluted in water (about 1 part lemon juice to 3 parts water). Without exception, whether the hair was rinsed pre-shampoo or after shampoo with the lemon water, all traces of green tint were removed within a few minutes of applying the lemon water.

That has made a lot of us Folligen lovers very, very happy indeed!
- Diana Yvonne"

However, we've also had reports such as this one:
"I have very light blonde hair chemically processed every 2 months. I have not had any color from the Folligen stain my hair at all and I use it every night. I will keep you informed about my progress..."
-A.C.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team