Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Lumps on cheeks Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi Dr Pickart.
I've been using the CP serum for a couple of months, have nearly finished that product and will be starting on the skin signals and exfol next. I used the serum for about a month every second night alternating with retin a. About 2 weeks ago I went to every night with the retin a applied about 30 mins later. I haven't been using an AHA so far just using a microfibre cloth to exfoliate before applying the products. I also haven't been using any oil to enhance penetration, but will be with the skin signals. I few days ago I noticed some small pimply looking lumps on my cheeks, but they're not really pimples, more small hard lumps. I'm wondering if these lumps would be a case of the uglies, with the out with the old thing happening? And should I move up to the skin signals when it arrives at this stage? If this is just a case of the uglies I don't mind pushing through to get it over with quicker.
Thanks for your time.
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Michelle11:

It is good to keep in mind that since the skin is in layers, damage many times also exists in layers and a strong "pushing up" of healthy skin cells as triggered by copper-peptides encouraging faster production of skin cells can sometimes push damage to the fore. See: Is Buried Skin Damage Real?

If this is buried damage, be sure to continue to use a good method of exfoliation so that you can effectively start to slough off/or break down any damage as it comes to the fore.

You can use the new Skin Signals Solution product (which is stronger than Regular CP Serum) once a day.

And continue to use either Exfol Serum or LacSal Serum every other night alternating with Retin-A.

However, every application of Skin Signals should be very light (just barely enough to cover the area) so that you are slowly pushing up damage and not too rapidly pushing up impurities and damage faster than what you can gently exfoliate off.

See our page on: How to Smooth Out Bumpy Skin Texture with Copper-Peptides and Hydroxy Acids

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology