Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Would like to know what to use Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi,
I am a 67 year old female with female pattern receding hair loss at the hairline. My hair is also generally thinning. My dermatologist told me to use minoxydil for men. I have been using it for about 2 weeks.

I just bought the folligen spray. Is there anything else I need? How should I combine them? Thanks!
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Welcome to the forum MissM!

Many people use minoxidil with Folligen products. Here are instructions on how to use them together as well as other things you can do for the health of your hair in general. It is best if you are able to use the minoxidil and the Folligen spray, cream or lotion at opposite ends of the day. If you would like you can use the Folligen at night and the minoxidil in the morning. What ever routine works best for you. I am listing them as AM and PM, so you can see how to use them.

Directions for Folligen Cream, Lotion and Spray:

FOR IMPROVED RESULTS: MASSAGE , FOLLIGEN CREAM OR SPRAY INTO SCALP

AM 1 ~ Part the hair or separate into sections so that the product can be applied directly on the scalp. If your hair is very thin, skip to Step 2.
2~ Apply a light amount of Folligen Cream on the scalp once a day or once every other day. Folligen Lotion is best for use within areas of existing but thinning hair. Folligen Cream is best for use on hairlines.

Directions for Minoxidil:
PM ~ Apply Minoxidil at opposite end of the day. Use Minoxidil only as directed. Tips: Apply directly to the scalp once a day. Use sparingly.

Note on Use of Minoxidil: Please thoroughly research all precautions on the use of Minoxidil before purchasing this product.

“Before Color Treating or Applying Hair Dye – Please Note: It is important to discontinue use of Folligen on the hair for about one week before attempting to chemically color treat the hair. Copper-peptides can possibly react with the hair dye, and although these occurrences are rare, the colors may not come out as desired.”

Tips for Healthy Hair Growth: Air-dry your hair whenever possible. Limit use of heat (blow dryers, curling irons, hot combs, and flat irons) to special occasions only or not at all. Be careful of shampoos and conditioners which may contain harsh detergents and flash-foaming agents that strip protective coating proteins of the hair shaft. For shampoos/conditioners fortified with SRCPs use Folligen Shampoo and Folligen Conditioner .

Supplements of MSM (2-4 grams daily) and flaxseed oil (4 grams daily) may also help with hair health and vitality.

Blonde Hair - Please Note: If you have light colored hair or light highlights may pick up a green tint if Folligen is in contact with the hair. Try to keep the products on the scalp. If a greenish tint occurs, just rinse with lemon juice and water to easily remove it. Or use Folligen for Blondes , which is designed specifically for blonde hair.

Best Wishes
~The SkinBio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Thanks for the feedback. The instructions for the minoxidil say to apply it twice a day. If I do the folligen, does that mean I would only do the minox once a day? Will I see a better result with using the two different products?
Thanks!
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Hello MissM.

You can use the Folligen with the minoxidil if you want to use the minoxidil twice a day. Dr. Pickart in another thread comments that you should use it this way if you are:

quote:
Some people use the Folligen after the minoxidil. Just let the minoxidil dry a little before using the Folligen.

Most of our clients report very good results even without the use of minoxidil. Let us know how you do.

Keep Smiling
~The SkinBio Team
I am new here as of today. I had a 25 year old wide depressed scar on my forehead removed two weeks ago leaving behind a thin line scar about 3 inches long. It is still pink and healing so my question is; what treatment would you suggest and how soon can I begin?

Thanks so much for being here.
Picture of celiavalerie
Braveheart: Sorry to butt in with a non-SB opinion but I myself use it on scars. I would recommend working up to the stronger copper peptides but SB offers a great trial kit for blemish care kit so you can play around, test reactions (yay patch tests!), and see if any of those products work best.

I've had luck with P&R: Classic, BND cream, all exfoliants (I am now on Lactic 10), Super Cop 2x, and even folligen. A depressed forehead scar actually responded best to folligen for me, whereas the rest of my regime responds quite well elsewhere. Good luck!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by MissM:
Thanks for the feedback. The instructions for the minoxidil say to apply it twice a day. If I do the folligen, does that mean I would only do the minox once a day? Will I see a better result with using the two different products?
Thanks!

The instructions are to sell more product. Once a day with Folligen and Minox is usually enough.
Just yesterday, Feb 16th, I had an old strip graft removed from the forehead area. Should I use CPs to prevent scaring and if so how soon should I begin to apply to this new surgical site. I currently have Skin Signals, Super CP and CP Serum would any of these products be useful and if so how often should it be applied?
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Braveheart:

You may actually find the suggestions outlined on our page on Post Procedure Skin Care to be very helpful right now.

Of course, it is good to keep in mind that our products should not be used on skin that is severely irritated, oozing, or on any open wounds. So be sure that the area has completely healed over.

For best results start with a relatively mild one such as Regular CP Serum (since you already have this product).

Dilute the product first by taking 1-2 drops of CP Serum in the palm of your hand and adding 2-3 drops water.

Lightly apply to the area once a day.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
quote:
Once a day with Folligen and Minox is usually enough.

Oh~~Once a day with Folligen and Minox is usually enough.
--------

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Smiler