Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Exfol for the whole body once a day? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello,
I am wondering if the exfol would be great to use all over the body once a day before the CP's?
Thanks,
Moncherie
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
It will help remove older skin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Thank you Dr. Pickart
Moncherie
<trueskin>
forgive me if i am wrong but i was under the impression that exfol contained salicylic acid and that should never be used over a large body area at one time???? That its safe in small areas ie, stomach or face but not an entire body. Someone please correct that if I am wrong.
I have been using Exfol cream on ALL rough areas such as elbows and ankles for a couple of months and it has eliminated these rough areas. Don't forget to apply your BHO after 30 minutes.

Janice
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by trueskin:
forgive me if i am wrong but i was under the impression that exfol contained salicylic acid and that should never be used over a large body area at one time???? That its safe in small areas ie, stomach or face but not an entire body. Someone please correct that if I am wrong.

Our Exfol has a low level of salicylic acid (2%). So it is much milder than the strong salicylic acid products used to remove calluses and warts.

But I would not take a bath in it.
<trueskin>
Laughing thanks for clearing that up, I dont know who could afford to take a bath in it or who would want to so i guess we are all safe!!!
As a sort of tangent, does anyone else find that salicylic acid leaves a slightly acrid, unpleasant smell, particularly on the hands?- it's not just the exfol, but any salicylic product, including aspirin used in masks or for treating insect bites.

Maybe it's just my body chemistry or something, but it's kind of annoying since I'm fairly sensitive to smells.
ah, you and me both, lats6, I too am smell sensitive. But I wouldn't call the Exfol Serum smell acrid. On me it's sort of a very faint new grass aroma. Curious that it becomes what it does on your skin. I find that I can't leave the Exfol serum on for more than 20 minutes, it makes my skin raw and spotty if I leave it on longer, so the smell has never been an issue.
quote:
Originally posted by trueskin:
Laughing thanks for clearing that up, I dont know who could afford to take a bath in it or who would want to so i guess we are all safe!!!

I dunno… the texture is kinda slippery and appealing Wink .
quote:
Originally posted by Jadzia:
ah, you and me both, lats6, I too am smell sensitive. But I wouldn't call the Exfol Serum smell acrid. On me it's sort of a very faint new grass aroma. Curious that it becomes what it does on your skin. I find that I can't leave the Exfol serum on for more than 20 minutes, it makes my skin raw and spotty if I leave it on longer, so the smell has never been an issue.

Well, at least you're luckier as far as the smell goes-- on me (specifically on my hands- haven't noticed any lingering odor elsewhere), it's almost a sulfur smell, which is pretty unpleasant. The strength doesn't bother me, though; I've actually considered trying to get some 5% from Diana Yvonne. Mabe I'll start applying all salicylic acids with a fan brush or something.

The funny thing is that the smell of the CP products doesn't really bother me, even though others have complained about their odor... to me they have a vague wet-dog, or maybe recently-shampooed wet dog, smell that isn't pretty per se, but doesn't linger.
lats… that brush suggestion is a smart idea

What you said about it not smelling funny on other parts of you makes me wonder if the exfol serum might be interacting with some sort of residue on your hands.