New
Find
Notify
Tools
Using Cp serum and Zinc sunscreen Login/Join

Picture of Di
posted   Report This Post  
Hi,
How long does it take for cp serum to work on the skin before it's washed off? I need to know because I want to try using it in the morning for awhile before I put on my sunscreen that contains 6% zinc. I have been using cp serum at night but I found out I shoud be putting it on after my retinol (Green Cream) instead of before and feel like I'm diluting the retinol with that water and cps together. So what should I do?

Thank you for the help Smiler
Di
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
You should give CP Serum at least 30 minutes on your skin.
Picture of Di
Thank you, Dr. Pickart
hi Dr. Pickart:
This is an interesting question and one I wanted to ask myself. If you apply CP, and leave it on for 30 minutes, do you receive all the benefit, 80% of the benefit, 40% of the benefit, etc?

I also use a zinc sunscreen and did not know that was a problem until recently, although I have been using CP for a year now. I wonder if I am getting all the benefit from my CP (for example, sometimes I apply supercop all over my face and never get ANY uglies but maybe the zinc sunscreen is inactivating the CP??)

I appreciate your help as I am trying to maximize the benefit to my skin. Thanks :-)
Picture of Dr. Pickart
If your pores are not enlarging and your skin looks good, then continue what you are doing.

There are no good studies of copper-zinc combinations.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,