Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
glycolic cream reaction? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I am a new customer having received my Skin Biology products just a few weeks ago- CP Serum, P&R, CP Night Eyes (Emu-S as sample.) Here was my regime-- AM: 2-3 diluted drops of CP Serum to dampened face; 3-4 diluted drops to neck and decolletage, followed by Emu-S. My evening regime either consisted of: P&R to face, neck and decolletage and CP Night Eyes; OR CP Serum and Emu-S and CP Night Eyes; OR glycolic "toning creme" only. The last night I used the glycolic cream, I woke up with patches and streaks of extremely raw and red skin, mostly on the decolletage area (collarbone) with a few small patches on the lower neck. (I burned the skin?) Needless to say, I immediately stopped using everything (except Emu-S). The skin has calmed down and I'd like to get back on track and have started to use diluted CP Serum (face and neck only) OR P&R (face and neck only). I feel fairly certain that the glycolic was responsible for the adverse reaction so I'm very reluctant to bring the "toning creme" back into my regime even though my face didn't burn.

My skin is mature (47 years old) and dry. It tolerates the Emu-S beautifully, I even applied some over P&R the other night and my skin looked and felt great the next morning.

I'm wondering if glycolics are too strong for me... would salicyclic (sp?) be a better choice?

I've spent hours and hours reading the information on your website and the boards here.(too much time!) Seems the more I read, the more questions I have..... One last question, please-- I read the information here regarding micronized titanium dioxide. Sounds like pure is the way to go, I just want to clarify if avoiding micronized titanium dioxide pertains to mineral makeup as well. I've searched the threads as thoroughly as I could and found several threads on mineral makeup and saw the question raised a few times but I couldn't find a direct response. Sometimes it seems like parts of threads are missing so if I am raising an "old" question, I apologize in advance.

Thanks for your patience.
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear MCat758:

Thanks for posting your questions.

You may want to check the strength/percentage of your glycolic toning cream. Our Exfol Cream (2% salicylic beta-hydroxy acid comparable to about a 10% glycolic) is mild for most people to use yet effective.

However, neck skin (for some reason) is generally very much more sensitive than other areas. Also remember that when the hydroxy acid is applied on top of the SRCPs it can intensify the effects.

Re: Micronization
The real issue is not so much micronization but that they are coating it with plastic or silicone to make them more transparent. And this is not good. The real problem is that the cosmetic industry lies about how they make the material and pass off things as "natural" when they've actually gone through extensive chemical changes.

We hope this helps answer your questions,
-Skin Biology