Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Vitamin C Shower Filter Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I'm searching for a shower filter to remove as much chlorine as possible from my shower water. I would do a filter system for the house but have to wait on that because of the cost.

Anyway, I was just about to order a Vitamin C Shower Filter when I remembered about Vitamin C interacting with copper. I use all your copper products including the body lotion. I wouldn't mind if copper cancels out vitamin c, I just don't want the copper to be minimized in any way.

Any comments or input would be greatly appreciated. There are other filters I could look into if you think this vitamin c thing is a sham.

Look forward to hearing from you!
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Below I linked the one I bought last November from egeneral. The best purchase I ever made. Since getting the chlorine off my skin I have had NO dry skin on my body which is great during these nasty Iowa winters. I would highly recommend it. You can buy it from the company below or probably get it from your local health food store. Greg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Hi Greg,

Thank you for your reply. I actually read about the New Wave shower filter and the Aquasana shower filter. I was hesitant because I read somewhere that they decrease the water pressure from the shower head. I'm so glad you like it and can possibly tell me if you found any change in the water pressure. I'm determined to do something about the chlorine and I'm so surprised no one I know uses a filter.

The website about the vitamin c filter says it cancels out 100% of chlorine and does not change the water pressure. But, I just don't know about this vitamin c thing.

Thanks, again!
I didn't notice at the time I changed it that there was any change in water pressure but I'm not sure whether now I have less pressure or not. I would be leary of anyone promoting vitamin c as a benefit for a shower filter. Greg
Thanks Greg,

I think I'll stay away from the vitamin c shower filter. If it were that great I think we would have heard something about it. The way I found it was searching for shower filters on the web.

I really appreciate your reply. Happy showering.
Hi.

Just wanted to let you know I bought the Enviro New Wave shower filter and just love it. Thank you for recommending it!
It always disturbs me to hear this type of misinformation being spread around the internet. For starters, there is nothing magical about the technology behind this shower filter. That is, for anyone that paid attention in high school chemistry class.

Both ascorbic acid & sodium ascorbate (Vitamin C) have a long history as dechlorinating agents. In fact, the EPA has authorized ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate as safe and effective methods for wastewater dechlorination prior to reintroduction into the environment. The main reason for this can be attributed to the fact that these compounds produce no known side effects to aquatic wildlife which can often found with older technologies.

The New Wave Enviro and Aquasana shower filters are solid shower filters (I’ve used and tested them both). I believe the New Wave to be manufactured under the Rainshow'r brand private label. The Aquasana has been around for a long time and is a very handsome looking shower filter, if nothing else. I wasn't impressed with its tendency to lower water pressure after only one week of use.

Although traditional (KDF/Activated Charcoal) shower filters work extremely well for removing free chlorine, they quickly lose their effectiveness when dealing with combined chlorine (chloramines). Chloramine is a combination of chlorine and ammonia that is more stable and last longer in the water supply than pure chlorine. It's quickly becoming the disinfectant of choice for every public water municipality in the USA. So that very expensive shower filter you just bought, or are considering, will become nothing more than a high priced water softener. They just can't do anything about chloramines.

My wife and I have been using the Vitashower Vitamin C shower filter for well over a year now. We have been nothing short of amazed at the results we are seeing. This is especially true with regards to my wife's skin & hair. She's had all of her friend purchase and uses it as well. They all love it from what she tells me.

We buy our Vitashower filters here: Ronin-Online.Com
They seem to have the most comprehensive info available and you can even call and speak to a live person before you make a purchase.

I've tested this shower filter with a digital chlorine meter to see if it could live up to the hype. Put simply, it works and does exactly what it's supposed to do. I found it to be effective at removing over 99% of free residual chlorine from my shower water. That includes both the free and combined chlorine that's in my shower water.

I encourage each of you to do your own research about this shower filter. And yes, calling it a shower filter would be accurate. Instead of relying on a physical media to filter chlorine it simply uses a chemical filter to achieve the same results with much better results, IMO.

Or better yet, just buy one and try it out yourself. My wife absolutely refuses to take a shower without our Vitashower anymore.

I recently concluded a head-to-head comparison of the top chlorine shower filters on the market today. Using a digital chlorine meter and the shower in my master bath, I installed and tested each of the shower filters for their chlorine removal effectiveness. What can I say? I'm easily bored and was in desperate need of a new "project".

Shoot me an email HERE if you would like more info. I'm always happy to help someone cut through the BS and hype and get something that actually works as advertised.

Don’t be so quick to dismiss any shower filter before you can understand how it works. The purpose of any shower filter is to remove or reduce residual chlorine from your shower water.

Any other claims as to the removal of heavy metals, VOCs, Radon gas, etc, are just marketing hype to take your money. The shower filter manufacturers don't want you to know what I've just told you. I've even had a few threaten to sue if I didn't keep quiet.

Bring it on.... Bored
Leah,
Glad you like the filter. I've had mine for more than a year and it has not lost it effectiveness with the original filter.

Reviewguy,
Sorry if I hurt your water filter sales by recommending a different filter than yours. I hope your sales rebound. Greg
Greg,

Did you just accuse me of spamming this board?

All I did was make a personal suggestion to Leah, as you did. I just included a bit more information for everyone to consider before making a purchase. The information I provide is free and doesn't cost a thing to verify. All I get out of the deal is the satisfaction of knowing I was able to help someone make a decision.

I can assure you of one thing. I have no affiliation with any shower filter manufacturer. I don't make a single penny by recommending Vitashower or any other shower filter brand.

I will admit, I am in the process of putting together an in home review website. The purpose of this site will be to test consumer products in an environment, and under conditions, that would more closely match a real world setting. Hopefully, the site will bring enough advertising revenue to support itself and possibly pay for some of the start up costs associated with launching new product reviews. Every other review site in the world is set up this way.

So I guess my question to you is, why the mudslinging? Did I in some way insult your intelligence by mentioning a product different than the one you did? If I came across that way I sincerely apologize, as it was definitely not my intention to do so.

I'm simply trying to debunk a lot of the hype and intentional misdirection that is running rampant in our society. If I'm not welcome to share my insights, opinions, research or real life experiences on this board, just let me know. Whew!
Leah,

quote:
Anyway, I was just about to order a Vitamin C Shower Filter when I remembered about Vitamin C interacting with copper. I use all your copper products including the body lotion. I wouldn't mind if copper cancels out vitamin c, I just don't want the copper to be minimized in any way.

I've been doing a little digging around with respect to the interaction of Copper & Vitamin C. Apparently, high amounts of Copper will neutralize Vitamin C (ascorbic acid/sodium ascorbate). In the same manner that cooking broccoli in a Copper pot will destroy virtually all traces of Vitamin C that was present.

My only concern would be whether or not you're taking a high quality Vitamin C supplement to help offset the large doses of Copper you are using with your products. You may also want to consider taking a Zinc supplement as high Copper concentrations in the body will deplete it as well.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other concerns. Maybe I can help find some of the answers for you.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by reviewguy:
Leah,

quote:

I've been doing a little digging around with respect to the interaction of Copper & Vitamin C. Apparently, high amounts of Copper will neutralize Vitamin C (ascorbic acid/sodium ascorbate). In the same manner that cooking broccoli in a Copper pot will destroy virtually all traces of Vitamin C that was present.

My only concern would be whether or not you're taking a high quality Vitamin C supplement to help offset the large doses of Copper you are using with your products. You may also want to consider taking a Zinc supplement as high Copper concentrations in the body will deplete it as well.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other concerns. Maybe I can help find some of the answers for you.

Very little copper enters from body from the skin products. Because the SRCPs were originally intended for clinical use, there were many studies on copper uptake after applying large amounts of topical SRCP products for several months. We never observed rise in bloo copper or body copper in any study.
My shower filter comparison is finally complete and available to anyone that may be interested.

Click the link below to check it out.

Questions or comments about my new site would be greatly appreciated. Napping

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,