Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
"crepey" skin Login/Join

Picture of Jill Blackburn-Rodriguez
posted   Report This Post  
In the last year and half I have lost 45 pounds the healthy way...diet and exercise. When I am standing still, the skin on my legs looks fantastic. When I walk, I notice the skin gets "crepey". I am guessing this is some loose skin due to weight loss or areas where I still have a little fat to loose...not sure which. I have been using Exfol and Trireduction on my body for 2 1/2 months now. I just added derma rolling this week as well. Will the products address this issue in due time?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Look at http://reverseskinaging.com/tighten.html and http://www.reverseskinaging.com/pictures.html

1. Many women and men have had good results in improving the look of their skin and reducing the appearance of loose skin or excess skin after weight loss. It is slow but usually works and several people say they have avoided recommended surgery to remove skin. Some women said they got a mini-breast lift and decided not to have a surgical lift.

2. Start with Trireduction Cream in the morning and or LacSal Cream at night. (You can use either cream in the morning or evening, but this is the order most people use.) Let your skin adjust to this. Just rub the cream on the skin. If there is initial stinging, it will diminish with time but use less if it is a problem.

3. Later, get a stronger hydroxy acid like a 15% to 30% lactic acid or glycolic acid and use this in the evening.

4. After a time, some people use a hydroxy acid in the morning, a copper peptide cream at noon, the hydroxy again about 6 pm, and a copper peptide cream at night. Your skin may be on the edge of irritation so back off if irritation becomes too intense.

5. You can later switch to stronger products such a 30% lactic acid or glycolic acid and Super Cop cream but be careful of irritation. For stronger hydroxy acids, see our Re-Sellers. The process will take six months to a year but you should start seeing an improvement in about 2 months.

6. The same procedure will help reduce the appearance of scars.

7. You can use the products all over your body.

8. If your skin seems to become loose, use less of the products. Remodeling is the process of removing old and damaged skin and putting in new skin. But new skin can be created only so fast, so just slow the process down.

8. If your skin is dry, use either Emu Oil for Skin or Retinol in Squalane as a moisturizer.

9. Daily supplements of 1 gram of MSM, 2 gram flaxseed oil, and 1 gram vitamin C also help.

10. Combining the above with heavy exercise gives the best results.