Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
laser surgery Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I recently 10/24 had laser surgery. I had extensive scarring. It definitely helped but has left my skin extremely dry. I began using cp serum and emu oil. The emu oil didn't help at all. I used squalene. It was better but still not great. My skin in dry and tight. At this point I'm not sure what to do next. Any suggestions? Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I sympathize with you. I had laser to my face 7 years ago with CO2 laser. The MD told me to use Nivea but it was greasy. I used Beauty Without Cruelty's cleanser, sprayed my face with Evian Mineral Water Spray (1.7oz, 3oz, and 14 oz) and applied Beauty Without Cruelty's moisturizer which has probably been improved since then. You make pick up product reviews on MakeUpAlley's web site. Along with SkinBiology's copper products, I'm using product line called NIA24 and their Skin Strengthening Complex Repair Cream may help you.
Thanks for responding. How long did it take for your skin to return to normal? My surgeon said 2 months and I would be back to normal, but it's already been closer to 3 months with little change. Did you finally get good results?
First, my laser experience was the worse pain I have ever experienced ever. I didn't do my homework. The doctor I picked was not certified by the American Association of Plastic Surgeons. The only anesthesia I got was 20 mg of Valium by mouth!!!. Anyway, I don't know that you can compare my experience with yours. I had laser done for sun damage. The Doc said I'd be back to work in 3 days. It took 3 weeks!! Maybe a second opnion would be in order now. You are in the Northeast so you are probably near some quality teaching hospitals. Seek out their Dermatology department and ask the receptionist for the Head of the Department and be seen by him/her. You may have to be seen by Residents and students along with the Doc-but that's the way of a teaching hospital. I did notice a very rapid cell turnover for about two weeks-but that's to be expected way back then with a CO2-it literally burned the skin off my face. Perhaps the folks at SkinBiology Home Office can add to my input. Good luck!