Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
HA NMF Aloe Juice Login/Join

Picture of winterskisss
posted   Report This Post  
Hi Skin Biology I just read my 6th Lesson and wonder about "small molecular weight HA" not the larger molecular weights I have read responses on this but when the question comes up on the forum about the small molecular weight HA it is not addressed that I have seen but the larger molecular weight HA is . I wonder about this lesson 6 in that I have mentioned that I spray aloe juice on my face and neck decollate twice a day before my SB products so it allows me to use a small amount of product which is suggested to use a very small amount but when I read about moisture going on the skin from the outside I read that it should come from NMF from within but then I have asked SB about this and it seems its ok to do this but when reading this lesson it seems to say the opposite . I don't mean to be redundant I just want to completely understand this issue of HA and aloe juice . I do understand NMF though Smiler

Cynthia VanVranken
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear winter:

Thanks for posting your question - The biologist who helped Dr. Pickart write the Intelligent Skin Care Course you've signed up for online gives the following answer:

"Spraying aloe juice on your face and décolleté is a very good idea.

Aloe juice contains polysaccharides, which help attract and bind water, keeping skin hydrated. In addition, aloe contains a wealth of other biologically active substances.

High-molecular weight hyaluronic acid works pretty much the same way – it attracts and binds water, turning into a gel. So just like aloe polysaccharides it is a good moisturizer.

Yes, skin’s natural NMF is the best hydration solution. When it is depleted, skin can use a little help from the outside. Low molecular weight hyaluronic acid is used for different purposes. It actually can penetrate into skin.

Some cosmetic companies use it to stimulate skin renewal, however, there are some safety concern issues with low molecular weight HA.

We would recommend using aloe juice and gel as a safe and effective moisturizer."

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of winterskisss
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thank you Skin Biology I appreciate your answer it was great .

Cynthia VanVranken