Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Titanium Dioxide and Penetration. Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Some questions concerning the Skin Biology Suntan Lotion and Body Lotion.

This summer I was planning on using the SB Suntanning lotion during the day at the Golf Course then the Body Lotion in the Evening.

My understanding is Titanium Dioxide does not penetrate the Skin.

After using the Suntanning lotion during the day do I need to wash off the lotion so the Body Lotion will penetrate? Will the Titanium Dioxide prevent penetration?

Second, how strong are the Copper Peptides in the Suntanning Lotion compared to the Body Lotion?

Third, I've found different answers and wish to clarify once and for all. How much Titanium Dioxide in Daycover and how much in the Suntanning lotion?

Thanks I really appreciate your time to answer these questions.

Best Wishes MaxxC
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
The suntanning lotion has about 1% titanium dioxide. It is not much but if you use it, then apply body lotion after being in the sun, you should not burn or peel.

I burn in about 20 minutes in bright sunlight and these products always work for me when I am on my boat in the summer.
Dr Pickart - can you answer the other two (3)questions please?

1) After using the Suntanning lotion during the day do I need to wash off the lotion so the Body Lotion will penetrate? Will the Titanium Dioxide prevent penetration?

2)Second, how strong are the Copper Peptides in the Suntanning Lotion compared to the Body Lotion?

I would also like to know the answers to these.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
I don't wash off the Suntanning Lotion when I come in from my boat, but just put the Body Lotion on the sun exposed skin areas.

My basic skin color is very light and I burn in bright sunlight in about 20 minutes.
Thanks Dr. Pickart. How about the strength of CP's in Suntanning lotion vs. Body Lotion?

Bw MaxxC
Picture of Dr. Pickart
The suntanning lotion has about twice the body lotion.