Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Time off for skin's sake?? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
(If possible, I'd appreciate Dr. Pickart's personal opinion in my case)

Hello. I talked to someone @ SkinBio today and asked about why my skin isn't tightening at all (or so I see). I've been using Super Cop 2x and the LacSal cream (mornings and nights, respectively); it's been about 9 months now.

She said I should let the skin have a day or two off each week in order for the skin to regenerate or something. So, my questions are (assuming that her advice is correct):

1) How many days off should my skin have?

2) Is it better to have those days off consecutively or more spread out on the week?

3) Can continue overuse (or even regular use) of CP's/LacSal actually cancell the tightening effect and result in extra loose skin?

I'd really appreciate some answers as I'm concerned: my nickname says it all.

By the way: this products last a long, long time. I first thought they were too expensive but, in the long run, I think they save pretty good money, compared to other products.

Cheers!!
Picture of stoney
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi Shar-Pei,

Have you tried adding TTT (Two Time Tightener) to your routine?...The DMAE has known tightening effects on the skin...you can use it every morning ALL over your face, neck & jawline including around the eye area...

Many of us like it very much for tightening... Thumbs UP!...

Also, I'm sure everyone is different when it comes to giving their skin a rest time, but 2X is wicked strong to use every night... While I really don't ever REST my skin completely, I like to switch up my products a bit. You may try alternating your 2X every other night with Super CP Serum -or- Tri-Red Cream & continue using your LacSal daily...

You really just have to experiment... Smiler...
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Yes, back off for a time and use less of the CPs. They are very strong.
Thanks a lot for the responses.

I just used to think that super cop x2 would yield faster results.

So... even if I use something less strong (like T.T.T.), how often should I use it for best results?

How about regular super cop???

Just looking for the most ideal way to go. And I know this isn't an "all creams fit all" thing, so... ok.

Just your best advices are greatly appreciated.

Cheers!!
Picture of stoney
Shar-Pei,

I actually use CPs & Hydroxy's twice a day & do NOT have loose skin...however when using Super Cop & 2X day after day (for other reasons), I noticed my skin loosening just a bit... Confused...so I would back off & use the serum instead for a few days...

So in the AM I apply LacSal Cream (try let is work into skin for 20 -30 min),then CP Serum, then TTT on top (the 2 have a nice tightening effect on the skin)...In the PM, Exfol Serum (let it sit about 30 min or more)then I like to alternate Super CP Serum with Super Cop & "Spot Treat only" with 2X...

Not to completely confuse you, but I recently added a "pure retinol" to my PM routine after Exfol serum leaving it on for 20 - 30 min before applying the "magical CPs" ea night...I really like the results!

My advice would be to try alternating a serum into your routine.... Thumbs UP!...
Thanks so much for the tips, Stoney. I think I'll try using other, lighter, CP's and/or Retinol.

I'm in the learning process, so I guess it's ok to know what does and doesn't work. So all advice helps. Bravo!

Best wishes,

Shar Pei