Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Fraxel Laser Login/Join

Picture of Dave
posted   Report This Post  
I know that Dr. Pickart takes a dim view of laser procedures. There is however a relatively new laser technique that appears to me to avoid the criticisms he has of traditional laser approaches. The Fraxel Laser does not peel the top layer of the skin. Rather, if I understand the technology correctly, it makes pinpoint "intrusions" into deeper layers of the skin to induce controlled damage, thereby inducing the skin to repair itself and lay down new collegan deposits, while leaving the upper layers of the skin untouched. Thus I believe it does not damage vellus hair follicles.

It is FDA approved for use around the eye. I'm wondering what Dr. Pickart thinks of this procedure.

-------------------------------------
A song don't have much meaning when it don't have nothin' to say, what she could do was magic son, all I could do was play. -- Harry Chapin
Picture of Dave
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Any response to this?

A song don't have much meaning when it don't have nothin' to say, what she could do was magic son, all I could do was play. -- Harry Chapin
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Dave:

We will have Dr. Pickart take a look at this and post back. Thanks for your participation on the forum.

-Skin Biology
Picture of Dave
Anything?

Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Dave:

First of all - Thanks so much for your patience on our answer. We wanted to thoroughly research this so that we can supply you with accurate information. Here are Dr. Pickart's exact words:

"Every year the companies announce a new and improved laser, and ten years from now they'll have another new and improved laser.

Lasers are a fundamentally flawed approach and is not the way skin is naturally renewed. The dermatologists would be better off if they threw away their lasers, microwaves and heating machines and learned more about the skin's biochemistry, cell biology and human aging."

So he just believes that lasers are a fundamentally flawed way of trying to initiate skin repair.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology