New
Find
Notify
Tools
Eye Products Login/Join

Picture of Zuzu's Petals
posted   Report This Post  
Dr. Pickart,

Is there any advantage to using CP Night Eyes instead of CP Serum around the eye area? I have been using the serum - a couple of drops - on my eyes every night. I follow with Emu Oil-S.

Thank you.

Zuzu

On ne voit pas qu'avec le coeur
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
The CP Night Eyes is just easier on damaged skin. The serums are more harsh.
Dr. Pickart, I cannot use the CP Night Eyes Premiere. No matter how slow I go. I can use the CP serum, diluted, which much less irritation on my eyelids and neck area. On the rest I my face I can tolerate pretty much everything and use Super CP Serum daily. But my eyes are a different story. Can you explain why I experience this? Is it something in the formulation of the Night Eyes that perhaps doesn't agree with me?

Kathy
Hi KathyC, looking at the ingredients for both, I see that there are a few elements that are weighted more than CP in the Night Eyes. You may having a reaction to those. The Super CP has mainly Copper peptides.

See for yourself below

VERY HELPFUL LINK TO KEEP
http://www.reverseskinaging.com/ingredients.html

CP Night Eyes Premier

Purified water, aloe vera gel, squalane, octyl palmitate, glycerol stearate, PEG-100 stearate, propylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, copper peptides (hydrolyzed soy protein and copper chloride), stearic acid, allantoin, melatonin, retinyl palmitate, diazolinydinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, mixed natural tocotrienols, ubiquinone, ergocalciferol, bronopol.

Super CP Serum
Purified water, copper-peptides (hydrolyzed soy protein plus copper chloride), hydroxyethylcellulose, salicylic acid, allantoin, polysorbate-20, glycine, diazolinydinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, vitamin E TPGS, bronopol.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Thanks for posting that. I will keep the link handy. It would seem that aloe vera and squalane are strong, which I use anyway without problems and are both quite soothing products. All the other stuff is a mystery to me as I have no idea what they are!

Thanks again.

Kathy
Picture of Kathrynn
I can't use the CP night eyes premier,( I get itchy and swollen) but can use tri reduction or super cp serum . I might even give the BND a try as my friend uses it and swears by it for under the eye area Smiler
KathyC,

What about Renova and Mandelic acid?

The skin under the eyes is thinner and more delicate than other facial areas. Do you apply Renova and Mandelic acid around the eyes?

Retinoid acid does make skin more senstive and vulnerable to ultraviolet radiation and the elements.

"Caution should be exercised when using Avita, Retin-A, or Renova in combination with other topical medications, medicated or abrasive soaps and cleansers, soaps and cosmetics that have a strong drying effect, products with high concentrations of alcohol, astringents, spices, or lime (especially the peel), permanent wave solutions, electrolysis, hair depilatories or waxes, or other preparations that may dry or irritate the skin."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Kathryn06
JW:

Ooh, that brings back bad memories of putting Renova around my eyes once. What a mistake. I have since abandoned Renova and all other Rx retinoids altogether! Not for me.

Zuzu:

SB's eye creams might need to be reassessed at some point b/c they do seem to irritate a lot of people. I would advise to start with the CP Serum. I think SB may have been operating under the assumption that you have to have a "cream" for the eyes, but a combo of the Serum and Emu works just as well or, in many cases, better. When I started with SB products, Night Eyes was all there was, and I was a neophyte, so I thought I had to have an "eyecream." It irritated me something awful. Soon after I started, Night Eyes Premier came out, which was much much better in the irritation department, but I think it gave me occasional milia. Today it is just too mild for my needs. BND cream works like a stronger version of Night Eyes Premier for me, but it also can cause milia. Today, I have graduated to using undiluted CP Serum every day. Plus maybe every other day, I apply Exfol serum. I wouldn't advise this to anyone initially, but every once in a while I give myself an "eyemask" comprising a thick layer of Emu Oil with a thick application of Super Cop 2X Cream on top, leaving on overnight. I get the uglies for a day, during which I apply Emu, but recover very quickly and the results for me are amazing. After using SB products on my eyes exclusively for almost three years, my eyes are virtually without their previous age damage (crow's feet gone and eyelids very firm). Only the expression lines remain, which is fine with me.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JW:
KathyC,

What about Renova and Mandelic acid?

The skin under the eyes is thinner and more delicate than other facial areas. Do you apply Renova and Mandelic acid around the eyes?
QUOTE]
Yes, I do use mandelic acid under the eye area (not on the eyelids however - too scary!). I find it very gentle though. I apply renova to my entire face including the eye area, but just a smidgen on the eyelids. I do not get any irritation from this. I have only been using mandelic for a couple of months (I started with the MaMa but have put it aside while I am trying a sample of the Vivant Mandelic as a test case for my dry skin, which I have been using every second day). I thought it might really dry my skin out because of the alcohol in it but so far, so good. Bravo!

KathyC Smiler