Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Product for dry skin in dogs Login/Join

Picture of Rossana
posted   Report This Post  
I realize this is a bit off topic but I have been searching and I trust the opinion of Skin Biology much more than any cosmetic company I found searching around...
I have a dog that has dry skin with almost-chronic slightly red patches on her chest. She is a 2 years old pitbull and her belly has very little fur, it is almost hairless. I have to wash her often because she runs like crazy in the mud all the time. I use high quality shampoo but that of course dries out her skin. I also read pitbulls are notorious for skin issues.
I used squalane on her, but I have not seen a difference so far, and give a teaspoon of coconut oil with her food daily, I read that helps the skin in dogs. Emu would be too thick and then she would leave oily residues on the carpet. I was wondering if you have any suggestions other than squalane? Should I mix some CP lotions with squalane? Should I treat her fur like it was hairs and use CP products for hair on her?
Many thanks in advance and sorry for the off topic question Smiler

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Protect & Restore Body Lotion might make her look better.
Picture of Rossana
My dog's skin is doing great! The area of her belly that has the little stripes in the photo that I link was all red (the stripes are just from the texture of the tarp she lays on sometimes). Now it is is perfectly white!
I just used from time to time a little bit of P & R with High Retinol and Oil of Lavender and squalane. Not daily in order not to make her skin too oily and therefore smelly.
Thank you Dr. Pickart!! Smiler

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Rossana:

What a nice testimonial on Man's Best Friend! Thanks for sharing.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology