Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Please I need some advice about this problem Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello,

Please I need some advice about this problem.

I have also posted elsewhere in the forum but I would appreciate some advice from Skin biology too.

I have been using skin bilogy products for about a year following the instrucions on this site and and in this forum.

My greatest problem is the eye area. It is very damaged and thin and I have some problems with eye bags under my eyes, and this has improved slowly but significanlty during this time although there is lots of work left to be done.

Another problem I started noticing only shortly before I started using SB producs was droopy eyelids.

Starting with CP:s and LacSal cream and Emu oil first I didn't notice any effect. Increasing the strength from CP Night Eyes Regular to Protect and Restore it just seemed to make it worse which made me worried, the eye lids were hanging down even more now than before.

Other things in my face improved like the naslobial lines, and the area under my eyes but the droopyness got worse.

So I stopped using the products completely and after 1 - 2 weeks the increased droppyness that I had experienced went back to normal again.

So I continued using SB products and slowly the eye area seemed to improve including the droppy eyelid problem. I increased the strength to using Trireducion cream around my eyes and Supercop in the rest of my face. And now the hanging skim problem seem to get better and better and almost disappearing. I was very happy about this.

I basically started to consider this problem as solved thinking the reason for the good result being that I had notice this problem only a short while ago, whereas other problems in my face I have had for several years

Encouraged by this I increased to using Supercop around my eyes and Supercop 2x in the rest of my face.

I continued experiencing improvement on my nasolobial lines and under my yes. However now the eyelids started to fall down again. Based on my earlier experiences I considered this a side effect that could be tolerated, so i just continued as before, planning to increase to Supercop 2x in all my face including the eyes.

But the droopy eyelied worried me so I decided to take a break in the program again stopping all products.

Now it has been three week without using anything and the eyelids still hangs down more even then before I started with SB products.

Other parts of my face has improved significantly but the droopy eyelids has gotten worse and there is no sign of it getting better now when I'm not using anything in my face.

So I'm really worried now!

Other things areas has gotten without any doubt better. But this has gotten worse.

Is this just a temporary problem? Will the droppyness go away now since I'm not using CP:s anymore.

Or can using too strong CP:s around the eyes permenentaly make droopy eyeles worse?

What should I do now?

Thanks in advance!

Kristoffer Carlsson
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi Kriss,

quote:
Hi Kriss. I don't think there is any damage. Upper eyelid though is the thinnest skin on the body and SuperCop is like taking a sledge hammer to the area.

Just continue to break they will tighten up. Skin is just way overwhelmed by the Super Cop. When you start back go gradually and just use mild products like the Skin Signal Cream, Super Ghk or Night eyes. Also Exercises can do wonders for this area. The upper eyelid is one of the first muscles to respond to facial exercise and the improvements can be rapid.

Sometimes people get excited and want to go to stronger and stronger products on their entire face because they see results. Please, remember that more is not better. The Super Cop and super Cop 2X were designed as spot treatments for scarring, etc. We rarely ever recommend them for the eye area. It is extremely sensitive. You will want to continue to rest your skin for a while. If you should decide to start using SRCP's (Skin Remode3ling Copper Peptides) again in your eye area, never use anything stronger then CP Night Eyes or Skin Signals Cream. They are very effective and really all you should need.

You should recover fully just like you did last time. Try not to worry, but definitely take the signal from your body and use the milder products especially around the eyes.

Best Wishes
~The SKinBio Team
quote:
If you should decide to start using SRCP's (Skin Remode3ling Copper Peptides) again in your eye area, never use anything stronger then CP Night Eyes or Skin Signals Cream. They are very effective and really all you should need.

As always excellent advice Smiler Originally I was planning to move gradually up in strength then realized with the thinness of the skin that any damage would be very shallow.

Strong products ferret out deep damage but there is no way for the damage to hide deep in the eyelids. Night Eyes, Super GHK and SS Cream IMO should be more then sufficient for any upper eyelid damage.
Thanks for the advice!

Still really worried though. It has been one month now and I don't see any signs that my eyes are recovering. How long can it take? Can I do anything to help this process?

Some people mention TTT, but as I understand this product only have a short term cosmtic effect.

Are you sure I have not experienced a permanent deterioaration due to using too strong products. I also used LasSal Cream around my eyes.
I use a teensy drop of CP Serum on my lids and rub up to right under eyebrows and also under the eye --very teensy amounts. I find the creams seep easier into my eyes because they are emollient.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by kriss:
Thanks for the advice!

Still really worried though. It has been one month now and I don't see any signs that my eyes are recovering. How long can it take? Can I do anything to help this process?

Some people mention TTT, but as I understand this product only have a short term cosmtic effect.

Are you sure I have not experienced a permanent deterioaration due to using too strong products. I also used LasSal Cream around my eyes.

We have many clients who had temporary problems but never any permanent problems. When copper peptide products are initially used too heavily, the older proteins may be removed faster than new proteins are produced and this can cause a temporary looseness before new collagen and elastin is produced.

The key is to stop for a few weeks, then slowly reuse the copper peptides. You can also dilute the Night Eyes with water (in a second container such as a small bottle), then apply a small amount of the product every other day or every third day. Just shake up the cream/water mixture and apply a small amount.
Thanks for the rely Dr. Pickart! Gives me hope it will get better.

Just two additional questions if you don't mind.

One foroum member raised a question that using minoxidil could have caused my problems. I use lots of it.

It seems to me that the increased droopiness occured as a direct effect of increaseing the strength of the SRCP:s. So that seems to be the reason. Still I'm worried about using Minoxidil now. What is your opinion?

Also, I have used quite much LacSal cream aorund my eyes. As I have understood there are different opinions about this and you can't recommend it. However Can to much exfolitaion have any permanent negative effect around the eyes?

Best Regards
Kriss
Kriss here is the site where I initially found out about the potential side effect:

http://www.publichealthforums.com/h-33-minoxidil.html

I have verified to see if these reports were confined to just the Public Health Forum website. I found similar complaint on other hair loss website forums.

Don't know how common the side effect. I would assume rare. But it does appear to be real for some users.