New
Find
Notify
Tools
Sagging face Login/Join

Picture of Amie
posted   Report This Post  
Hi there!
I've been using CP, exfol and emu oil for a month now. At first I noticed an improvement in texture (Ihave large pores). But now, I noticed its even getting worst than before, saggy, larger pores... Will this go away and improve?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
It will improve but go slower and use less Exfol.
Hi Amie,

Since you've used the products for a month, more frequent or increased use of exfol/CP/bho may improve your skin texture or reduce the appearance of the pores.

How were you using the products in the beginning when you observed results compared to current regimen?

What is your skin type and age?
Picture of Amie
I'm 51, normal skin. Shall I use it frequently? How often? Do I need to rinse off the 40% LA or just leave it on then apply CP on top of it?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Wash off and neutralize the 40% acid.
Experiment with may be Exfol at least 2-3 times a day and CP (serum/cream?) at least twice per day.

Unlike others, I do not believe using lower concentration products (exfol) more frequently per day is wasteful, especially in the first two months when the skin isn't familiar with the actives used. Using lower effective concentration products twice a day can often affect just as good if not no adverse reactions than using a strong hydroxy acid (40% LA) once a day for beginners or for users testing out new actives.

You may not need to used 40% LA for the enlarged pores if using the products you have twice a day will improve the conditions.

After the skin has acclimated to use Exfol and SRCPs on a twice a day regimen, your skin may have (and may not, depending on formulation) a easier time accepting adjusting to a 40% LA peel treatment.

I just think increasing the frequency of application is a safer but effective approach either way and more methodical and conservative in learning how to use SRCPs effectively without shocking the skin with a 40% LA peel (although sometimes necessary if you are a long-time user of acids and SRCPs) when you've already observed some rebuilding effects in the beginning.

You can have visible strong positive skin remodeling effects without negative consequences by increasing the intensity of the Exfol/SRCPs treatment by adjusting the frequency of application without changing the concentration of the actives, as I did.
You can always add 40% LA as a weekly or a bi-weekly peel if your pores or sagging skin need even more intensive treatment after.
By the way, I was much more generous with my CP Serum use than Exfol (may be <2-3>:1 and around 4th wk or so even more reduced use of Exfol) in the first month and I had early and positive visible skin remodeling results (reduced pores, tightening-no more nasolabial lines, brighter even skin tone, and etc) with an earlier "failed attempt" (gave up) of using 3.5 years prior using the same products but a different regimen. I came upon the right regimen for my skin by accident when I was 39.5 years old and I have cosmetic sensitive and oily-prone skin type.

NOTE: The CP Serum and Exfol I used then (about 5 years old now) mostly likely weren't the same formulas as the ones we are using today, but they shouldn't be drastically different.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
I also incorporated a BHO (didn't have one; had to use a substituion) the second time around hoping to alleviate the prolonged itch I experienced from using the CP Serum. The BHO (mine were JASON E oil and EVOO from the kitchen). They didn't reduce or shorten the intensity of the itch, but I think they protected my skin barrier (no visible inflammation, sagging, or anything negative; just the prolonged deep itch or pruritis) and in turn helped SRCPs do their jobs on this accelerated intense regimen.