Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Antioxidants.. Dr. Pickart please... Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Dr. Pickart, the supplements chapter on your website explains that according to Dr. Lester Packer, the most important antioxidants we should take are :

- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Vitamin E
- Tocotrienols
- Vit C
- Coenzyme Q-10
- Ginkgo Biloba

I also read one of your posts on this discussion forum saying that according to Dr. Packer the most important antioxidants are :
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Acetyl-carnitine

Are we then supposed to add Acetyl-carnitine to our daily supplements intake in addition to the 6 on the first list above? If it is true, how much acetyl-carnitine we should take daily? Thank you ..
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I take each day 200 mg of Alpha lipoic acid and 500 mg of N-acetyl carnitine plus a pile of other supplements.

It is difficult to say what people should take. Most scientists who study aging take a pile of supplements but keep working for a very long time and never really retire.
<trueskin>
posted   Report This Post  
Dr Pickart, would you mind if I asked where you get your alpha lipoic and acetyl carnitine and are all brands equal???
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I buy from Vitamin Shoppe but there are many good companies selling vitamins. Just stick to a reputable company that has been in business for a good length of time.

Buy only generic vitamins. Do not buy "Special" vitamins claiming some extra benefit - this is all hype.