Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Does 2nd Generation help sagging skin Login/Join

Picture of winterskisss
posted   Report This Post  
Hi I have a question about 2nd generation CPs like Super Cop 2x or the serums and Tri reduction etc . I have read all over the forum and im understanding that GHK is mostly helpful for all aging issues and in my case it is only sagging skin that troubles me nothing else and it seems the Signals are the products that are suggested for this issue . I understand from my reading that 2nd generation copper peptides work on " blemishes " is this term ment for pimples and moles stretch marks , scars or does it also include sagging skin too ? I have both of the skin signals tri reduction CP serum & Super CP Bio Heal and several others . I have been using the signals cream on face and neck . Is the recommendation for loose and sagging skin "only" skin signals serum and cream as well as the BND or do the stronger 2nd gens address sagging skin as well ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: winterskisss,

Cynthia VanVranken
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Winterkiss,

Thank you for taking the time to ask us questions on our forum. The Skin Signals Cream/Serumis a very good place to start for improving the appearance of loose or sagging skin. In time you can up the strength of your Skin Signals by laying with another serum or cream. Of course Dr. Pickart's suggestion is perfect if you feel your skin is ready to handle the Super Cop 2X .

Our Skin Signals line as this formula is the ONLY solution combining copper peptides of GHK, elastin and collagen to help deliver a lifted, contoured and more youthful look It has 3 VITAL PEPTIDES:
GHK-Copper, Elastin Copper Peptides, Collagen Copper Peptides

In Skin Signals Cream and Solution the copper peptides work together with peptides produced from enzymatically hydrolyzed collagen and elastin. This unique combination mimics the biology of younger skin, boosts skin's own collagen and elastin, fights skin slackening and diminishes the appearance of wrinkles, visibly uplifting the appearance of aging skin.

What Is the Difference Between GHK (1st Generation Products) and 2nd Generation Products?

Brief Summary: “First Generation Products” are based on Dr. Pickart's original discovery of GHK-Cu which stands for glycyl-histidyl-lysine copper (II). GHK has been shown to produce a number of amazing benefits on the skin. However, it is fragile and breaks down very easily. So Dr. Pickart found that combining small copper and soy-based peptides (“Second Generation Products”) could produce the same effect and also be a viable product for fading the appearance of blemishes and the more “difficult to affect” cosmetic signs of aging.

Why the Price Difference: The answer has to do with the fact that the raw material for manufacturing GHK-Copper is quite expensive. GHK-Cu has had the bulk of cosmetic and
general studies performed on it. Due to its very positive findings and years in existence, the price of the raw product reflects the decades of work that have gone into developing this
cosmetic ingredient.

His inventions have had to undergo rigorous safety testing and have been found to be nonirritating and safe for long term use. Rather than cause damage, copper-peptides have been found to be the key to rejuvenating the skin and this data has been supported by numerous independent laboratories and universities; many studies were performed at UCSF.

However, there are some important tips that will help clients use the products properly right from the outset and avoid unnecessary irritation caused by overuse (or using a product that is much too strong for your skin type).

Which “Generation” is Stronger/Better?

"Stronger" might not be the best description - "Better suited for certain skin rejuvenation tasks" might be a more appropriate phrase. Although GHK has a number of properties that it seems science is continuing to appreciate, GHK is very fragile. Second Generation Copper-Peptides are breakdown resistant and adhere very well to the skin. So the type of rejuvenation needed and the client's skin type and goals will dictate which is better for that particular individual.

It must be noted though that at 3% concentration the GHK VIP Luxury Products (15.6) are quite potent! Some clients have worked them into their regimen (even at a modest 3-4 times a week) and are seeing amazing results.

Excitingly, the breakdown-resistant 2nd generation copper peptides can be used with hydroxy acids and retinoic acid to enhance skin rejuvenation and the fading of blemishes. We will continue to develop and improve this 2nd generation approach to copper peptides to eventually produce commercially viable products."

Why Do We Always Recommend to “Start Slowly”?

Strength Rating: How to Understand
=If you notice, the color for the strength scale for GHK-only products (Super GHK Copper Serum, Super GHK Copper Cream, 3% GHK VIP Luxury Serum and 3% GHK VIP Luxury
Serum) is a different color (a brilliant blue). The balance of our other products (2nd Generation) have a scale bar that is a darker green/teal color.

The "relative" strength scale is calculated by comparing the concentration of copper in various products. Each number in the scale goes up exponentially. Please remember that the scale is relative. It does not necessarily represent which product is “better” or “more effective” than
another.

However, while figuring out the precise strength for the new GHK VIP Luxury products, Dr. Pickart realized that the same formula of calculation used for his second generation products did not fit as accurately as we had once thought. So recently the Super GHK products (with 1% GHK) were adjusted to 5.2.

Now with this new rating, some confusion has arisen over if at 5.2 Super GHK Copper Cream/Serum is stronger than other 2nd generation products with a lower scale number. We
still stress that Super GHK Copper Cream(with 1%) works very well for sensitive skin or for those just starting out with copper peptides.

The current scale system is our best effort to provide a relative guide for comparing the 1st generation products and for comparing the 2nd generation products. The two generations are best compared separately. This allows us to respect the fact that the two generations simply are different.

[b]What Is the Difference Between 3% GHK VIP Luxury Cream and Super Cop 2X?
The difference between the new 3% GHK VIP Luxury Cream and Super Cop is that Super Cop 2X Cream is based on 2nd Generation mixed copper-peptides and is designed specifically to address the concerns of blemished skin. Super Cop works well as a super-charged spot treatment for fading the appearance of blemishes, pigmentation problems, or for use on deep lines/wrinkles such as nasolabial folds.

Whereas the 3% GHK Luxury Cream was designed to assist in ALL anti-aging concerns. Although it also seems to work well for improving skin tone and appearance, it is solely based on a high concentration of 1st Generation copper-peptides: GHK.

So depending on the individual client's skin type and goal, we may recommend that they use a certain cream over another. However, many clients have started using the [URL=3% GHK VIP Luxury Cream]3% GHK VIP Luxury Cream[/URL] 3% GHK Cream/Serum in the morning and continue to use their Super Cop 2X (typically as a spot treatment only) at night with very good results. This would be the best of both worlds.

In time you will find the combination that works best for your skin. We are always happy to help you with any questions you may have feel free to email or call as well if needed.

Keep Smiling
~TheSkinBioTeam

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBioTeam,
Picture of winterskisss
Thank you so much SkinBio Team ; I have 1 or 2 Qs , in all my reading of studies i found from Skin Biology's sites I see so much reading about GHK-cu . I have 2 questions ,
1. What does the cu stand for ?
2. When i read about 2nd gen copper peptides there's very little to learn about them are they not as important as GHK or , is it because they are also a type of GHK ? The most i read is that 2nd gen SRCPs are break down resistant but GHK has mountains of writings but not 2nd gen SRCPS .

Cynthia VanVranken
Picture of winterskisss
Good morning Skin Biology , I have been reading quite a bit to learn what I can but I can't seem to find anywhere that tells me what the Cu in GHK-Cu means , could you tell me what this Cu means ?

Cynthia VanVranken
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Hello Winterskisss,

The Cu is the chemistry symbol for copper. When combined with GHK it becomes a copper peptide.

Best Wishes,
~TheSkinBioTeam
Picture of winterskisss
Hi I thank you for your answer and sorry for so many questions I also thank you for the link you sent me I was on there for a long time learning , I have been trying to find these answers on my own but can't seem to but I have just one more I can't figure out or find . Is GHK or GHK-Cu the copper in the 2nd generation copper peptides as well ? I know there is copper chloride and soy protein in it but don't quite understand if GHK or GHK-Cu is somehow a part of the recipe so to speak because it seems all I can find when I'm looking for info on 2nd gen is mostly about SRCPs says GHK or GHK-Cu . Thank you for your patience Smiler

Cynthia VanVranken
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Dear Winterskisss,

No patience required. We are always happy to help. Some of our products contain both first (GHK-Cu) and 2nd generation copper peptides. They work well together. The copper chloride and soy protein is found in 2nd generation copper peptides. They will state so on the ingredients list or tab.

The soy peptide used is hydrolyzed soy protein derived from soybeans and broken down by water to form a complex with copper. Dr. Pickart says that the soy proteins used in making our products are not genetically modified. Hydrolyzed soy protein is not harmful.

He adds, "When mixed with copper-chloride less than 1 in 10 trillion of the copper chloride molecules remain as copper chloride.”

Is copper-chloride dangerous? “No. Cupric chloride, formulated as it is in our products, is very tightly bound to the peptides... We only use pure soy protein that is partially hydrolyzed to produce peptides of 200 to 700 molecular weight. Then this material is further purified to remove any non-peptide material". This type of solution has been used for many years in cosmetics without detrimental effects.

Looking at these products may help you see the difference when reading the ingredients.

The products we carry containing 1st generation copper-peptides (GHK) are:

3% GHK Luxury Cream (3% ghk)
Perfect Lift Decolletage Cream (0.3% ghk)
Super GHK-Copper Cream (1% ghk)
Super GHK-Copper Serum (1% ghk)
Skin Signals Cream (0.3% ghk)
Skin Signals Solution (0.3% ghk)
Copper Sun Tanning & Firming Lotion (0.05% ghk)
Hair Signals Cream (0.02%)
Hair Signals Solution (0.02%)

The balance of our other products contain 2nd generation copper-peptides.

Keep Smiling
~TheSkinBioTeam

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBioTeam,