Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Prices & Bonus Items: European Site vs US Site Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi there

I am a bit baffled with the European site?

I live in the UK but having looked through the New european site compared to the US site i have found that i am only better off using the european site if ordering a very small amount. Multiple purchases remain better value on the US site(taking into account the additional postage & tax costs)...as the european sites prices for the exact same items are much higher..sometimes by up to 50%?? So by the time these higher prices are added up on say 5 or more products,the equivalent on the US site is so much cheaper that even after adding postage & taxes the cost is STILL less than ordering from the european site?!?

Also, whereas we get a free bonus item for each $30 spent on the US site (about £16)& have many bonus items to chose from...on the european site you have to spend £60 to get a free sample & even then there is only the option of super cop or folligen cream?!?

Perhaps you could explain why you have set the prices so much higher on the european site that for large orders it totally outweighs the additional tax/shipping you would pay from the US, why customers on the european site have to spend 4 times as much to get a bonus item,& why there are hardly any bonus items to chose from?

Also will these issues be addressed so that at some time in the near future the full range of main items & bonus items will be available on the european site at an equivalent cost to the US site & with equivalent spend required to get bonus items so that UK/European customers will not be any worse off buying from there? As otherwise aside from catering for very small orders or where u want to receive the item quicker, i dont see the point of the new site? I don't know about other customers but i would rather wait a little longer for my order& get it from the US site if it means it will be both cheaper & with many more free bonus items included.
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Buffy:

That certainly is fine if you don't mind waiting a little longer to receive your order if ordering directly through Skin Biology - USA comes out to be more economical.

A number of our clients had issues receiving their orders (due to customs, taxes, etc.) when we would send it out. So we thought it best to setup this additional site.

In time, more products will be made available. And pricing may be changing. But overall Skin Biology Europe has worked out better for many of our international clients (especially those in countries that we've had a difficult time getting their shipments to arrive and not be sent back to us).

But if (depending on how much and how often you order) it turns out to be better for you to order directly through us here in the USA, please feel free to continue to do so.

As a thank you to our international clients who do so, we do have probably the best deal on free bonuses.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Skin Biology Europe is evolving. We think it is better to let the people running the European site decide what is the best way to market the products in Europe.
I have to agree with Buffy.

I placed my very first two orders with SkinBio Europe (as I was very eager to receive products asap), and it was only after receiving the items that I realised how much more expensive it really is. In my first order, I spent over £80 but forgot to ask for a free sample/gift, and the staff at SkinBio Europe did not inform me, which I think they should have out of courtesy.

Secondly, Dr Pickart, you say that you think you should leave the running of the European website to the staff there, but I have to tell you that I rang their office three times, of which twice no one was there to pick up the phone, the third time, someone who could barely speak English picked up the phone, told me they didn't work there, and had to nerve to ask me to call back later (this was business hours at about 3:00pm). Where is the customer service?

I am sorry but I was unhappy and now have taken my business elsewhere.
Dr Pickart,

Whilst I have been unhappy with the customer service at SkinBiology Europe, this in no way reflects the way I feel about your products Smiler
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear chitchat:

We were very sorry to hear of what happened and what you experienced. We will look into this.

However, this is a recent reply we posted elsewhere to a client - You may also find it better in the long run to order directly from Skin Biology - USA, for the time being.

Posted to a concerned client:

"We have some special rewards going on right now for those who order directly through Skin Biology - USA.

Even if the shipping costs are higher, you may want to consider the following:

And the above specials DO NOT count against any of your free bonuses! Remember International Customers ---those with shipping addresses outside the US--- receive a free bonus with every $30 ordered.

More and more, some of our international clients are finding it actually more economical in the long run to order directly through Skin Biology - USA."

Thank you,
-Skin Bio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by chitchat:
Dr Pickart,

Whilst I have been unhappy with the customer service at SkinBiology Europe, this in no way reflects the way I feel about your products Smiler

We are in the process of working with Skin Biology Canada (run by independent Canadians) and Skin Biology Europe (run by independent Europeans) to avoid the cross border customs problems. Because of different business laws, environments, etc - it may take some time to work out all the problems and issues. But before, many of our clients were taxed more than the order cost and often had to wait 4 to 6 weeks to get their orders.
Hi Buffy and chitchat...

I would like to know how much custom charges you paid while ordering from skin biology, as I am also from UK. Thanks a lot.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
We are working to set up another reseller in the European Union to help our European clients.

We had so many compliants about the previous reseller that we had to end our relationship.