Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
LANCOME ABSOLUE FOUNDATION Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi "Good Doctor", Dr. Pickart
I would like to know if Lancome's product line "Absolue" foundation contains any harmful ingredients that may or do counteract with your "protect and restore" creams.?? Please, this is very important, and I really need to know.
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
bbobcat63,

If you are using this make up now, can you provide a list of the ingredients as on bottle?

My Best
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Yes, we need to know the ingredients.

The problem that the Cosmetic Cartel has is that they must make products that produce "Instant Beauty" at the cosmetic counter. Many of these agents, used to puff up and color skin, have long-term damaging actions on skin health.
Ok HERE WE GO.

The ingredients strait from the BOX!!

The Ingredients:
(taken straight from the box)

Water, Cyclohexasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Gylcerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyglyceryl-4 Isotearate, Petrolatum, Nylon-12, Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Pentylene Glycol, Linalook, Paraffin, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) extract), Diphenyl Dimethicone, Padina Pavonica Extract, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Limonene, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Dioscorea Villosa (Wild Yam) Root Extract, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Hexyldecanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Butylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Totopherol

May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide Iron Oxides

Thank You, SINCERELY.
Lore aka bbobcat63
Picture of Dr. Pickart
It certainly does not look like a product made for human skin.

Is there any reason to use a foundation?
I actually don't use it. My mother does. She's 84 yrs young. She has very nice, delicate skin. She has always taken care of her skin.

I recently gave her a slow starter kit to start using and we wanted to know if that makeup she uses was safe. She likes it because it glides on nicely and is a nice light texture blending in with her skin.

But if the ingredients are not healthy. She needs to know. Thank You.

What would you suggest she wear for her age.

She so far likes the product and wants to make it her regime. But still needs foundation, to even out her complexion without being heavy.

Thank you, "Good Doctor", Dr. Pickart.
Look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
Lore aka bbobcat63
Picture of Dr. Pickart
She could use P&R3 (with retinol). This works well on dryer skin. But she should start it very lightly.

The other very good product for skin is the Emu Oil with Antioxidants. Again, have her use it very light. After application, the skin should not even feel greasy.