New
Find
Notify
Tools
Question aoubt Dr.Pickart Book Mention on Conditioners Login/Join

Picture of Model_Dr
posted   Report This Post  
Dr. Pickart:

I must first say that I enjoyed reading your book very much.

I have a few questions about the "Choosing the Right Conditioner" on page 115.

I quote: "Many of the conditioners on the market today contain botanicals, such as extracts of Jupiter berries and buckhorn leaves. these ingredients should be avoided. Herbal extracts interfere with the glue process and reduce the protective effects of the conditioner."

Do you mean the botanical extract only such as; Extract of Ginseng, Calendula, Sage, Nettle, Rosemary and the botanical oils as well such as; Jojoba Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, castor oil?

I am asking this because now I am a bit confused since on page 117 you talk about the hair stylist George Michael tips and his website.

I visited his site and the shampoos and conditioners as well as treatments all contain botanicals as listed above and more! I want to be sure I understand the mention in your book properly.

You also mention to avoid fragrance in hair products, your shampoo and conditioners both have fragrance and botanical extracts.

Folligen Therapy Conditioner
Aloe Vera Gel, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, copper peptides (hydrolyzed soy protein and copper chloride), Wheat Amino Acids, Extracts of the following (Calendula, Golden Seal Root, Henna, Hops, Horsetail, Matricaria, Quillaja Saponaria, Wild Cherry Bark), Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol.

Folligen Therapy Shampoo
Aloe Vera Gel, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-3 Distearate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, copper peptides (hydrolyzed soy protein and copper chloride), Wheat Amino Acids, Extracts of the following (Calendula, Golden Seal Root, Henna, Hops, Horsetail, Matricaria, Quillaja Saponaria, Wild Cherry Bark), Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol.

I always wondered why you are using Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate detergents as they are very strong ones. There are many others that are milder. I used your shampoo and conditioner in the past but I stopped the shampoo because of the strong detergents and stopped the conditioner because I really don't like the fragrance in it. If you come up with an other conditioner with a different scent I will buy it.

Thanks in advance for your time and expertize.

Heidi

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Paris
4 July 2006

Well, you have us there!

Many women asked us to make a shampoo and conditioner with copper peptides.

The shampoo and conditioner came from another company. I told them to make the best and most protective shampoo and conditioner that they could make regardless of the expense. Then we had them add in copper peptides. They still keep their details of their formula secret.

At some time in the future, I will see what we can do to make the products better so we can practice what we preach.
Picture of Model_Dr
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thanks for the quick response! I see, i didn't know about your shampoo and conditioner not being formulated by you.

I am still not sure if you mean all of the botanical extracts and the botanical oils as well?

I was looking at some hair products but they all have botanical extracts and botanical oils. If they don't, then the Ph. is to high!

I have long somewhat thin blonde hair and I am trying to keep my tresses in the best condition possible. I pay as much attention to my hair care as I do with my skin products.

So this is important for me to make sure I understand well what you mean.

Thanks again!