Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Lactic Acid and Tyrosinase Suppression Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I'm hoping someone can spare a moment to help me out, even though my question has to do with lactic acid, which isn't a Skin Bio product.

I've heard quite a few folks on this forum speak well of lactic acid as an exfoliating agent and I'd like to try it.

My questions are:

How much lactic acid is required to suppress the formation of tyrosinase?

I don't want to use something that is likely to inhibit my tanning response. Should I be concerned that using Diana Yvonne's 10% lactic acid gel might be detrimental to melanin or other pigment formation?

Or am I just proving Alexander Pope's statement, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" while I worry for naught?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
It looks like 0.03% lactic acid will inhibit melanin production.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Dr. Pickart, you are absolutely fabulous! Thank you so much for answering my question. I guess I will stick to Exfol/salicylic acid for now, so that I don't inadvertantly foster a sunburn.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
We have a new Exfoliation Cream that we will soon release. It has 1.5% salicylic acid and 8.5% lactic acid in a base of protective skin lipids plus five antioxidants that are normally in the human body.

The motto on the cream is "Peel Away Mother Time" (TM).
When will this new exfoliation cream be available for purchase? I would love to try it. Would it be a stronger version of current Exfol cream/serum. I prefer serum to cream. Would you have the serum version?