New
Find
Notify
Tools
MAKE-UP Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello again,

How are you ??

I was wondering what MINERAL MAKE-UP you would recommend to wear over the skinbiology products ???
At the moment I use:
L'OREAL, True Match ...
IS THIS SO BAD TO USE ???

Most mineral based foundations that I've looked at have ANTIAGING PROPERTIES, etc ... which I don't feel that I need; since I'm already using SKINBIOLOGY ... Wink

Thanks again Big Grin
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear lila:

Perhaps other clients can chime in with which brand(s) they prefer. We do have a number of clients who prefer to use mineral make up or mineral foundation.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team
Thanks SKINBIOLOGY Waving

Anybody ???? Big Grin

What's ur opinion on L'OREAL, true match foundation ??
Any better suggestions out there that anybody has been using with the SUPER CP or EXFOL SERUM underneath ??

Thanks a bunch!!!!
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear lila:

Although we may not have specific recommendations on make-up - We do have a page setup for help on how to keep skin healthy before and after makeup use: For Models/Actors/and Makeup-Lovers

Dr. Pickart may be able to take a look at the ingredients of certain foundations and let you what he thinks about the products. But many have used CP Serum as a "make-up base" and this has worked very well for them.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Hi lila,

I've used both Bare Minerals and L'Oreal True Match foundation. I probably used L'Oreal True Match twice since my last cosmetic splurge several months ago and can't remember if I liked it or not or if I used Exfol serum underneath it. I haven't even opened the Super-Blendable Powder; I guess my inspirations are fleeting. I do like the easier and functional color matching process that otherwise prevented me from buying an off-the-shelf foundation. LTM is not a mineral based or chemical-free foundation, so it will have more of the heavier mask feel of a traditional foundation than Bare Minerals.

Bare Minerals offer some SPF protection for my chosen shades and work fine with all SB topicals. Bare Minerals feel light and natural on my face without the heavy mask-like feeling associated with traditional foundations. It does take some skills and time for the skin to wear Bare Minerals well, however.

I also like and use the pressed mineral bronzers from Physicians Formula Cosmetics. They have not caused skin allergies and breakouts on my oily-prone skin; however, I also do not wear makeup daily or regularly.

The disadvantages of using loose mineral powders, such as Bare Minerals, have to do with their functionality. Although mineral powder is fast and easy to use at home and feels comfortable on the face, it's messier to use than a pressed foundation, and with multiple jars of powders/blushes and brushes needed to look naturally glowing, you can't travel well with them without some organization and preparations.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
OH THANKS SO MUCH JW Big Grin
I appreciate ur advice, u know I'm so used to the TRUE MATCH from L'OREAL that's why I would prefer to use it, I hate to have to fuss over make-up
hehehe
However, since I recently had needling ... I was just concerned that I probably would be better off with MINERAL MAKE-UP since; as u so eloquently said, LTM isn't as natural as can be, but so far I have NOT had any problems with it Wink

THANKS AGAIN Big Grin

This is for Dr. Pickart,

The ingredients r the following :

Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, FIL B7616/1

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp139002_333181_sespider/lore...akeup_true_beige.htm

What do u THINK ??
and MORE IMPORTANTLY ... Can I wear EXFOL SERUM, CP Serum/SUPER CPSerum
underneath it daily ??

THANKS A BUNCH Waving
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Mala Mala Game Reserve, South Africa
17 July 2006

That sunscreen looks good. Tell us later how it works for you.
I've been using this foundation a while now and I do like it because it gives me coverage ...also I wear CP Serum and/or CP Serum underneath
( The CP Serum on the facial scars .... the Super CP Serum on the forhead and chin)
so far so good ... Big Grin

I called L'Oreal amd was informed that it contains
a SPF of 17 ... it's not much I know ... but I try to stay away from the sun ... NOT more than 1 hour per day just to get my vitamin-D in ...
hehehe

THANK-U Waving
Lila,

If you are looking for sufficient coverage to hide hyperpigmentation/blemishes and for sun protection, then LTM offers more than Bare Minerals on both accounts. Only SPF 15 (probably less) for BM.

Sun avoidance sounds like a plan for post procedural recovery.
There is a new mineral foundation that all the gals are raving about called Everyday Minerals. It has an SPF of 15 and has only 4 ingredients. High-grade mica, titanium dioxide (non micronized), zinc oxide, and iron oxides. It comes in 3 finishes from glowy to matte, and is also supposed to control oil well in the matte finish. They also have a new one just out with more coverage with those ingredients + allantoin and phyllanthus embilca which is an antioxidant. It should have a higher SPF as well as it's more opaque. These are the purest foundations I have found. They also have other pure, color cosmetics in powder form with no chemical dyes such as blush and eye and brow color with only those ingredients. They are at www.everydayminerals.com. They also have free sample kits of their colors with just the cost of shipping.

I would love to hear Dr. Pickarts take on this foundation. Also curious if micronized titanium dioxide is absorbed less by the skin if it's in powder form. The titanium dioxide in the above foundation isn't micronized, but I belive it is in the Neutrogena SPF 30 powder.
Picture of Model_Dr
quote:
Originally posted by Blondelle:
There is a new mineral foundation that all the gals are raving about called Everyday Minerals.

I just received my samples today. I will experiment them all on my face this week with the different foundations/blush/concealer I got and get back to you on this.

I opened the containers and tested them on my hand. I found that all of the foundations are shimmery even the matte one. The matte is pearl reflective like MAC hyper real which is the first one I will try. All the others are very shimmery metallic I find. It tame down when wet, so maybe applying it wet is best for the semi-matte and original glo?
THANK-U SO VERY MUCH for all ur inputs, i appreciate it immensly Big Grin
Hi:
Jane Iredale Mineral make-up is excellent. I have settled on this make-up line after trying out so many lines.

I have very sensitive skin (esp facial), and have used Exfol Serum, CP Serum/Super CP Serum, Emu oil, etc products in combination with Jane Iredale.
They work very well together.
ohh thats GREAT to hear mistik Big Grin
THANK-U for sharing that, i might give it a try Waving
Picture of Model_Dr
lila:

Be careful with Jane Iredale, it's a more high end ($$$) cosmetics than BE but they use some of the same irritating ingredients as BE such as
Bismuth Oxychloride. And some ingredients not recommended by SB such as:

Hyaluronic Acid. It's also over prices. but you will find more selection. I had irritation from both and I am sure it's the Bismuth Oxychloride. BE do not have a good fair foundation, the lightest is to dark and yellowish. I tried mixing it with the second lightest but it turned orangey. JI has a great selection and true tones.

Everydayminerals only use four pure ingredients, made in the USA and very affordable. I am still testing them, so far, I like the Everydayminerals and without irritation or breakouts. My skin color match the MAC N/C 15 and The lightest "fair" color of all three match perfectly. I must try all four foundations with three different applicators and application techniques to make sure I give out the right feedbacks.

The application is crucial. I've tried many ways but so far I like using a kabuki brush, buffer and blending with a latex sponge for the large pores area and nose followed by a sprits of Avene water to tame down the flakies, it works. If applied with a brush I can't use oils on my face, it steaks as any powder would do. I will try it wet applied with a foundation brush this week, mixed with BND and Day cover diluted in a bit of water. The coverage is amazing, more than expected. With the concealer it covers blemishes completely. I can compare the coverage to the new MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation. It's light as air on the face, not masky at all. I forgot I was wearing it at the end of the day.

I still feel that it's shinner than described, I didn't try it with their finish matte powder yet. I will order it as well this week. For now I will experiment with my Mac Pro Invisible Set Powder.

Note that they came out with a new foundation this week "Intensive Formula" it has more coverage and higher SPF than only 15 since it's more concentrated. They don't mention the approximate SPF yet online. I will order this one by mail today to test it. I can't imagine giving more coverage than the others but we will see.

I must say that I wore it three times so far and I got compliments on my radiant skin by my 7 years live-in boyfriend, which never notice anything new literally, and even a 14 yrs old kid told me I look like I have baby skin! It must be a winner!!

I think that you should go ahead and get the free samples offered on their website,

I will report again at the end of the week
WOW thanks so much

That is indeed very interesting ... u r certainly VERY patient with make-up Wink
PLEASE KEEP POSTING UR RESULTS !!!
All my best to u Waving
Picture of Model_Dr
Lila:

Indeed I am patient when it comes to makeup and beauty with 10+ years of pro modeling under my belt I sure know the meaning of vanity Smiler I also test many cosmetics as I am part owner of a pro cosmetic distributor company so I am always interested in the new and better makeup. We do not have mineral makeup in any of our cosmetic lines. So, I am personally very interested. It's time consuming but important when finding a potential great new gem.

I just ordered the new foundation and added the second lightest color "fairly light". I realized that with the silvery type shimmer it looks lighter and if I want more coverage it's a bit to pale.

I tried the three foundation wet today and without any set powder or blush to get the true foundation color, texture and coverage. I mixed them with a bit of Day cover and water. WOW! It covers so much and looks very natural too. Now the Matte is really matte when wet, Semi is creamy with a little sparkle, like MAC hyper real and the Glo is like most mineral foundation high shimmer.

I now have the blush called "natural" it's a nice shade but very silvery shimmer. It reflects like a mirror. Maybe with the finish powder it will tame it down. It looks good with the matte foundation since it's not shiny at all. But with the Semi and Glo it can make you look like your from an other planet!

I will report further on the new high coverage "Intensive" foundation which is in between semi and matte (it sounds promising), finish powder and "apple" blush when I receive them. Once I try all of the makeup category of Everyday Minerals products I will make a easy to read review chart on them. It's easier for re purchase as well. I am only doing this because so far I believe that this makeup co. could be the best on the market today. Seriously.

Have a good night!

Heidi
Heidi,

That would be great! Do you think you could reference your corresponding experiences on BM on your comparison chart and your skin type, so we can get a better sense of the mineral powders you are reviewing if it wouldn't be too much trouble?

Like lila, I'm impressed with your patience and interests with cosmetics.
Picture of Model_Dr
quote:
Originally posted by JW:
Heidi,

Do you think you could reference your corresponding experiences on BM on your comparison chart and your skin type

Dear JW,

I will not incorporate BM (do you mean BE?) Bare Escentuals does contain the skin irritant Bismuth Oxychloride and I really don't like their over prices products. I have tried them way back when they first started the companies. All their products are over rated and overly shinny!

I am still trying out different minerals co. I ordered two of each products, some samples and some full jars (foundation, blush, powder, eyeshadows..) they have. as far as powdered mineral goes. Here are the companies I am trying: Alima (their Matte Mineral foundation has the best rating on MUA!), Aromaleigh, Everyday Minerals (the new Intensive formula is the best in their line IMO), Jane Iredale (contains BO though), Pure luxe Cosmetics, Taylor Made Minerals.

After much research these mentioned above are really the top ones I am looking into, there are so many smaller companies doing mineral cosmetics that It would be impossible to try them all. But I am still looking into about three more smaller co. as well once I am done with the ones listed above.

I will give my skin type in the chart, it's in my profile as well Smiler

I have been very busy lately but I am still doing the chart, it takes time but it's worth the wait since I am testing everything more than once with different techniques to give an accurate review!