Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dr. P/SB: MIRA OIL Login/Join

Picture of celiavalerie
posted   Report This Post  
Note: I'm posting this here because I want to see what is said about this product. First of all, I know the feelings on plant extracts for regeneration. That being said, before I knew about SB I purchased quite the expensive product: Mira oil. Needless to say, a quick google search will show you how sketchy this product seems to be. It clearly makes promises that cannot be proven with no real scientific evidence (another net scam to the list...my insurance company also believes they sold my credit info). Now, it feels nice and smells fine and isn't overwhelming BUT I of course experienced no growth and felt the results were almost purely cosmetic (flattening of cuticle to make it appear undamaged, etc). They claim their ingredients come from hand-picked, best of the best, plants. I find this also hard to believe. I'd be VERY interested to hear if SB/Dr. P/Anyone in the community knows anything about this product. I discontinued use months ago but fear that others who get that panicked bad cut will go buy something potentially harmful to their hair and identity! Now, of course some of the "listed" ingredients are not things I have any issue with. But I have asked for clinical reports without response and fear that the people behind Mira products are lying about every ingredient listed. A bottle I kept for the ingredient list reads (and remember they claim these are all pure, hand-picked, untainted extracts...I don't buy it):

Coconut oil, henna extract, phyllanthus emblica extract, eclipta prostrata extract, hibiscus extract, aloe leaf extract.

On the other side of the bottle, a note promising you inches of growth with longer healthier hair every month could mislead anyone. So...anyone else have thoughts/experiences? I hear tell the mane and tail products are potentially quite harmful as well. I no longer have any as they have been fully replaced with FS/FC/FFB/Emu Oil but I have a friend who is using it as not only her shampoo and conditioner, but as a leave in.

Thanks for any assistance!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I can find nothing of significance about it.

Apparently it is used for cleaning bronze metal.
Picture of celiavalerie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Well...that sounds utterly horrifying.

When I purchased the product quite a while ago the site used a more "earthy" look and feel. However, now it looks blatantly even more deceptive.

http://growfabuloushair.com/index.html (As long as nothing is purchased perusal of the site is safe). I will make sure to warn others!