Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
TriReduction with Retinol Login/Join

Picture of Zuzu's Petals
posted   Report This Post  
Skin Biology, is TriReduction with retinol appropriate to use all over the face in place of CP serum once a day?

I've stopped using the stronger acids, and I will be only using Exfol, CP (of some sort), and Emu Oil. My skin is normal-dry, though the mandelic acid/CP combo dried it out a bit. My skin is definitely improved since dropping the mandelic acid.

Zuzu

On ne voit pas qu'avec le coeur
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Zuzu:

Yes - TriReduction with Retinol is fine to use all over the face (lighly to start, of course).

For those with any tendency towards breakouts we would not recommend this product. We'd recommend for those with combination-to-oily skin: CP Serum or Super CP Serum.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Zuzu's Petals
Thanks, Skin Bio. Right now I'm not sure if I'm breakout prone or not - well, I'm going through a "phase." The acids, cps, new sunscreen, and hot weather are not mixing well for me at all. My skin is a mess.

I'm going back to just Emu Oil-S for a few days, then proceed slowly with CP serum.

Also, I want to compliment you folks on having a healthy sense of humor.

Many thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,

Zuzu

Picture of Lilu
Hi Zuzu,
I've been using TriReduction on my face for about three (?) months and I have basically combination skin, with a slightly oily Tzone, and normal/dry elsewhere. I've not had any issue with the TriReduction to speak of (except that it is stinky - Razzer ) . I've had a couple zits that were doosies, but they were mainly hormonal I think. I like that the TriReduction does have the qualities of moisturizing my skin, especially since I use it at night. Only other thing I would say is that I do have to be extra diligent about cleansing my T-zone to ward off clogged pores there, but my the pores on my nose have always been huge and prone to blackheads, and they not worsened from the TriReduction. I use an extra salcylic acid exfoliating treatment there, and it helps keep that area balanced. HTH, Lilu
Picture of Lilu
P.S. The only thing that I've not actually liked about the TriReduction cream is the menthol in it. I read somewhere the SB puts it in there to aid in reducing irritation from the CPs, but I don't care for the cooling/tingling of the methol. I don't think there is a lot of the menthol in the cream since that sensation is pretty subtle, but personally I just don't think it does beneficial for the product. I'd actually prefer they put something else like camomile or other botanical, and maybe even it would smell a little better too! Smiler
Lilu
Picture of Lilu
Oops, I just realized I responded to a question "just for Skin Biology" so... sorry for buttin in. Oh well. :P
Picture of Zuzu's Petals
Thanks, Lilu. Right now I'm on a strict Emu-only diet for my skin, but when the autumn comes 'round, well maybe I'll be back to step one, anyway.

Sun, heat, Cps, acids, sunscreens don't mix very well for me apparently. I'm just laying low for now (but I'm curious anyway!) Smiler

Zuzu

Picture of Kathryn06
Hi, Zuzu. I, too, have to change my substances when the summer comes. I use Tri-Red with Retinol/Exfol Cream year round on neck and breasts (I think this combo is hands-down the best treatment for firming) and Tri-Red Basic/Exfol Cream on face in autumn/winter. During the hot months, I use only serums on my face. Still, even during cooler weather, sometimes the Tri-Red Basic can break me out, so then I switch to the serums. Also during breakouts, I find the applying the Exfol a night is more effective. It is wonderful that this system is so flexible