Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Where's MY *glow*? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi-I'm 52yo; my skin started noticeably aging just in the past 2 years. From the top down, forehead lines are merging into those between brows and brows are dropping at a steady, rapid pace; under eye crepiness; those "puppet" lines from mouth corners down (which I've had since my teens) and those lines have multiplied to lineS, moving inward, looking like someone who has smoked for 30yrs, which I have not! This area is especially distressing to me. Oily nose, dry everywhere else. Huge pores on nose and on each side of nose. The one time I used the pore-strips, I lost a strip of skin as well. I burn easily; heat, sun, any mark from anything--a pimple, a pillow crease, Frownies, tweezing brows, peel left on too long--leaves a red mark anywhere from hours to months. I was a person who never left the house without makeup and had to stop using it completely because it actually made me look worse.

I began SCRPs this past Sept...copper serum, exfol cream, serum on nose, and emu oil. I usually alternate days with the products. I moved on to Super CP serum (half-way thru the bottle) and LacSal cream, exfol serum on nose, and 40% lactic acid peels.

I have seen NO improvement anywhere. My skin is drier and I can't get or maintain ongoing moisturizing. I have tiny little white bumps that have come up between and in my eyebrows and they sit there. I have red eruptions come up on the end of my nose-red and very obvious-and it takes weeks for them to "back down" but never go completely away.

After reading the board for some time now looking for answers, a recurring theme has been to use the products sparingly. I decided maybe I was using too much, so I cut down. A couple of drops of a serum doesn't go far so I do use a tad more than that. So far, no change.

Even tho' the products are to be used frugally, some people use them multiple times in the same day. I'm at a total loss as to what to do now. All I wanted was healthy, clear, even-toned skin; that "youthful glow" you mention. I've had my fill of the overpriced garbage that's out there making bogus claims and doing more harm than good. I'm frantic that I've succeeded only in making myself look so much worse.

Help! Please! I would be so grateful for any advice. Much thanks!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
You seem to have all the right products.

Sometimes internal supplements also help.

In general, we recommend for skin rebuilding........

Each day take......

1 gram vitamin C

1 gram MSM

1 gram of borage oil, or primrose oil, or flaxseed oil

100 mgs alpha lipoic acid

Regular aerobic exercise about three times a week helps by flooding the skin with a heavy blood perfusion.

Also, use a microdermabrsion cloth (lightly - they take more skin off than you realize. You can get these for about $10.
God bless ya for answering so quickly!

I forgot to tell you....I have also been taking all the supplements you mentioned for quite some time now, I go to the Y several times a week and use a dermabrasion cloth!

Should I change when and/or how often I use the products? Do I need to add something else or alternate products? It's just that it's been SO LONG without any progress and it does concern me.

THANKS!!
I'm in the same situation. Super CP serum twice a day, Lacsal in the AM, Tri in the PM. All the supplements, and the micro cloth. My chin has been breaking out which is highly unusual, but nothing else is happening positive or negative. Dr P? Please advise!!!!!!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
If you are breaking out, then you are using too much product.

You also may have very sensitive skin and the Super GHK-Copper might work better for your skin.

Some people can get good results from a heavy use of the copper peptides. Others stick to a very light use and do well.
Petie,

Has the copper ever helped you? I never was able to use the cp serum for more than 4x's a week. If I did my skin looked terrible. This time, I bought the Super GHK Serum. I used it for 2 months continuously. Would you believe I am able to use the cp serum now? Thumbs UP!I've used it for 2 weeks now. I am beginning to see some drooping under my cheeks, but I think that is from overuse.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
The copper peptides slowly thicken the skin. Young skin in teenagers is thick but slowly thins as we get older.

Thinner skin lets more applied materials to penetrate into the skin. So, if you start with a very light amount of copper peptides at first, this may be adequate for a good response. But as your skin thickens, more will be required because your skin becomes more protective.

A second factor that influences SRCP uptake is the condition of the outer skin barrier - the tight outer layer of protective protein covered by the acid mantle of skin oils and acids. Overuse of many cosmetic products can damage the skin barrier. This can also allow too much product to enter your skin. It takes about one month for a new set up skin cells to reach the surface, so improvements are always slow.

There is no fast way to rebuild and remodel skin. Rapid methods are all gimmicks. Even retinoic acid, which has been proven to remodel skin and reduce wrinkles, takes about two years to show a good improvement but this is at the price of chronically irritated and reddish skin during the improvements process.