Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
MD formulations vit A plus clearing complex Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I have been looking for a leave on hydroxy that is stronger than exfol. I want to check if any of the ingredients in this are harmful, or affect cp's
Purified Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol 40-B, Salicylic Acid, Ammonium Lactate (and) Lactic Acid, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Oil (and) Retinol, Retinyl Palmitate.

5% Lactic Compound
5% Salicylic Acid
pH balanced (pH 4.0)

Also what do you think of the supplement Polypodium leucotomos. I don't know if you have heard of it, it is a rhizome extract from Honduras, that is supposed to be very good for skin especially photoprotection
Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
?
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi David,

I searched the ingredients for you as requested. I didn't find anything, but that doesn't say much since most personal care ingredients are not tested or evaluated.

I didn't find reviews or studies written about Glycine Soja oil in skin care application.

The only known fact you might want to consider is that SD alcohol or ethyl alcohol are drying alcohols, and it's the second ingredient listed. I don't know how natural or holistic you want to be. In any case, we know retinol and retinyl palmitate are synthetic.

The pH of the AHA/BHA looks good in that it's in the less irritating range.

I don't see any ingredients that would react with copper peptides, but SB or Dr. Pickart will have to confirm.

I don't know about the supplement in question.