Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dr. P/ Skin-bio Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I have been using your products (copper peptides and biological oils) in conjunction with hydroxy acids to lessen the appearance of blemishes on my cheeks. I've been using a 2% SA OTC astringent on a daily basis and a 40% GA solution on a weekly basis. My questions are:

Is there any major difference between your 2% SA exfol serum and the 2% SA products that can be bought OTC?

and

Will using BHOs on a daily basis interfere with the action of the %40 GA peel that I do once a week?

I've heard that GA is only water soluable and not oil soluable, so could the oil block the acid from penetrating deeply into the skin?

Thank you for your reply - jestex:-)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
1. The 2% SA products that you buy may have different pHs plus other ingredients.

Exfol serum is designed to mildly help clear blocked pores.

2. If the BHOs are applied before the GA, they will will block acid uptake and slow the GA actions.

If the BHOs are applied after the GA, they will push more GA into the skin and intensify the GA actions.
Dr. P, when I apply the 40% GA acid peel it seems like some of it just sits on top of the skin and doesn't absorb. Do you know what might cause this to happen? What would fix this problem. Thanks Wink
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Skin oils may be blocking the glycolic. Try wiping your face with a 2% salicylic acid pad before using the glycolic.

Also, using the glycolic after a warm shower or bath should increase uptake.